Help to run tower speakers and powered subwoofer in sync

K

Killerbud

Audiophyte
I'm sure this is a newbie thing, but I've read and read and just can't come up with a solution. I have an AVR1710 HK receiver, Polk TSX550 Tower speakers and a Polk PSW505 powered sub. I want to get full range from my towers and only lows from the sub at the same time, not one or the other. I've tried putting the left and right at every crossover setting and get zero low range with the sub on. When running them as large and no sub they sound great. I read using the high level inputs and run from the amp to the sub, and then out to the speakers would give full range. This works, but it really doesn't sound very good. Am I missing something? I should mention that the sub is hooked up with LFE. Thanks for any input.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Page 30 of the manual, set your L/R to large, then set sub to L/R+LFE.

What x-over setting have you been using, and what don't you like about the sound when you do?

K

Killerbud

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply. I've tried this configuration but seem to only get the highs from towers. It's driving me crazy why this won't work. Can't change the x-over settings when they are set to large.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
as you shouldn't. crossover is disabled if speakers set to "large".
I couldn't find measurements for your towers, but TSX is budget seriers, ergo - I doubt they have accurate bass. I recommend setting mains to small and play with crossover. Start with 80hz. Boost sub level +2-3db if you like more bass

I have TsC TST2 towers, which documented by AH to faithfully play as low as 32hz, yes after 80hz cross-over and even modest sub - the system sounds much better

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis