HELP! Suggestions for home theater?!

A

audioscrub

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I am a complete newbee to this environment, and I am thinking about buying a "nice" (by my standards) home theater system, and I wandered across this website and people seem to be very knowledgeable here. It would be great if you can give me some suggestions or tips for a nice system.

Here is what I am thinking of getting now.

ONKYO TX-NR717 7.2-Channel Home Theater A/V Receiver – Black: Newegg.com - ONKYO TX-NR717 7.2-Channel Home Theater A/V Receiver – Black
Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 Black 10-inch Powered Subwoofer Each: Newegg.com - Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 Black 10-inch Powered Subwoofer Each
Polk Audio New Monitor 75T Four-Way Ported Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Black) Each X2 : Newegg.com - Polk Audio New Monitor 75T Four-Way Ported Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Black) Each
Polk Audio New Monitor 25C Two-Way Center Channel Loudspeaker (Black) Each: Newegg.com - Polk Audio New Monitor 25C Two-Way Center Channel Loudspeaker (Black) Each

We already have two rear speakers built-in to our living room, so we're not thinking of buy any.

If you have any brands or models that you think are better, any suggestions would be nice. This should, however, give you an idea of my budget, so please try to keep around this range! :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You picked a really lousy subwoofer. Upgrade it to a Klipsch Rw-12d, there will be a world of difference. As for the speakers, Polk is not my cup of tea but I think you'll be happy with them. I would rather have these Infinity Primus p363 and its center. It's less expensive, and probably better, but I have not heard those specific model Polk speakers.

A

audioscrub

Audiophyte
I will change the subwoofer then, it was just that the Polk had some pretty good reviews :) haha
Although, do you have any suggestions more around $200?

The Infinity Primus is only $150, so if it can stand against the Polk at only half the price, there must surely be better quality speakers at around the $300 range?

A

audioscrub

Audiophyte
Ahh you have already answered my second question in the other thread, shadyJ

Much thanks!!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis