help sitting up receiver and speakers

C

charly86black

Audiophyte
Hello I recently got a Yamaha rx v471 receiver. Got two klipsch vf 35 as front sorrounds vc 25 center vf 15 as surrounds. Sub is a Polk audio. After setting up and breaking in speakers for several months I find myself upset with the result. Got better speaker cable after best buy suggesting to do so. Not sure what to do now but sound is not what I expected. Also have klipsch 2.1 computer speakers and have to say but sound way better. Completely lost not sure what else to do please help!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"Better" speaker wire is highly questionable and is definitely a bad recommendation. Speaker wire accounts for the LEAST effect in your system. The speakers themselves make the biggest difference in the sound, so it is entirely possible you chose the wrong speakers. Setup is a huge factor too though, so the question is: what exactly is it that you are unhappy with?

C

charly86black

Audiophyte
All I'm getting from speakers are highs and mids no bass at all. Sub gets some bass but sounds really bad doesn't have a punch like it did at the store. Not sure what might be wrong.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That receiver has YPAO calibration. Have you run that? Turn the sub to about 50% then run YPAO. You probably want all the speakers set to small, but the mains can probably be crossed lower than the others, perhaps 60Hz, 80hz for the rest. Sounds like you might have them set to small with too high of a crossover.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not to osure what to say but let me just ask this: Five inch speakers, even three of them, will not produce thunderous bass and is it possible you expected more out of them than they can deliver?

Is the sub integrated correctly?

C

charly86black

Audiophyte
Thank you for suggestions I will try adjusting the cross over and running the ypao setting hope this works.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis