Help required for B&W DM 620 Speakers

R

RossM

Audiophyte
Hello,

I appreciate you may get some pretty basic questions on here - sorry if this is very amateur, I am trying to work my way in!

A friend of a friend was clearing out his stuff before he emigrated and had an old set of speakers he was looking to get rid of - B&W DM 620. In terms of the outside they have been marked a fair bit but he insisted they still worked, allowed me a listen and they sounded great so bought for £50.

I am now looking to connect them to an audio receiver and they have four connectors in each speaker (see photo). Most of the videos I have seen online show either two connectors, or 4 with 2 red/ 2 black - could anyone give me advice on how to connect these through? Should I buy red/black connectors and connect this way or do I use open wire to connect these? And with the 4 ports, most advice I can see online connect 2 of the ports to the receiver and 2 to the other speaker, is this the best way to get maximum use from them?

IMAGE: Image codes: IMG 1026

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,

I appreciate you may get some pretty basic questions on here - sorry if this is very amateur, I am trying to work my way in!

A friend of a friend was clearing out his stuff before he emigrated and had an old set of speakers he was looking to get rid of - B&W DM 620. In terms of the outside they have been marked a fair bit but he insisted they still worked, allowed me a listen and they sounded great so bought for £50.

I am now looking to connect them to an audio receiver and they have four connectors in each speaker (see photo). Most of the videos I have seen online show either two connectors, or 4 with 2 red/ 2 black - could anyone give me advice on how to connect these through? Should I buy red/black connectors and connect this way or do I use open wire to connect these? And with the 4 ports, most advice I can see online connect 2 of the ports to the receiver and 2 to the other speaker, is this the best way to get maximum use from them?

IMAGE: Image codes: IMG 1026

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
The two jumpers are missing from what I can see.

Connect the two +ve posts together and the two -ve posts together.

Now connect a +ve from the receiver to the respective connected +ve posts and the -ve of the receiver to the respective connected -ve posts.

Bi-wiring is a con and useless. Adding the terminals to the low pass and high pass terminals, rather then just one set, causes endless confusion, like it has for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis