U

Unregistered

I know this may sound like a silly question but I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of audio technology. I was browsing for audio cables when I found the Monster Cable - Ultra Series 600 THX Certified Audio Interconnect Monster. I noticed that the cables were color coded red and blue and that confused me. Aren't these supposed to be red and white? Are these cables different from the standard red (R)/ white (L) audio cables and are they not compatible?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

The color doesn't matter. It's just for dress. What do you intend to use the cables for?

U

Unregistered

I was planning to replace my old analog audio cable with the new monster cable to hook up to my dvd player.

-So i just plug the red monster cable into the red (R) socket and the blue monster cable into the white (L) socket?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Yeah, that's it. But I'll echo the sentiments you'll often hear here that Monster is very overpriced for what you get. You'll do just as well with something cheaper. The thing I'm curious, though, is are you trying to hook up the audio, the video or both?

U

Unregistered

Oh well I am only hooking up the audio because I already have component video cables for the video. I thought my audio cables were really old so I was shopping for new ones. Thanks for all your help, it really helped me a lot. What other audio cables are available for cheaper prices with the same quality?

R

Rÿche 1

Audioholic
Unregistered said:
Oh well I am only hooking up the audio because I already have component video cables for the video. I thought my audio cables were really old so I was shopping for new ones. Thanks for all your help, it really helped me a lot. What other audio cables are available for cheaper prices with the same quality?
Acoustic Research... www.accessories4less.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis