Help needed : SVS pb-2000 or Klipsch R-115SW ???

G

Gys Florian

Enthusiast
Hi,

Does someone can share knowledge regarding SVS vs Klipsch ?

I'm asking this because I was decided to buy a SVS PB-2000 which cost 800€, and I just realize I can buy a Klipsch R-115SW for only 550€...

So would it be better to buy the klipsh or do I miss important information here ?

Thank you for your help.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My guess is that the Klipsch will have more mid bass output and the SVS sub will have more deep bass output. If you like your movie soundtracks deep and subterranean sounding, go for the SVS, but if you would rather have louder bass in music bands, go for Klipsch.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don't have time at the moment but check here. Not sure both(or neitherh are listed but it's worth a look. Also find reviews of both. Pay close attention to negative reviews as well as positive ones. The truth is usually eternal both. I'd buy the svs personally.
http://www.data-bass.com/home

G

Gys Florian

Enthusiast
Thank you.
For what I've found it seems you're right: Klipsch is more powerful than svs for 40hz and up.
Under 40Hz, Klipsch 115 is between svs sb-2000 and svs pb2000.

Still under reflexion, as the Klipsch is 250€ less from svs 800€

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
AH review was pretty good for the 115 but output isn't the only quality of a sub.

G

Gys Florian

Enthusiast
I think I will go for pb-2000.
I just sent a mail to SVS to be sure that pb2000 is the right choice as my room is a 1800 cubic foot one.

G

Gys Florian

Enthusiast
After speaking with SVS, they strongly recommend me to take the sb-2000.

Here are main reasons :
- better for music than pb-2000
- sufficient low frequency output considering my room is only 1800ft3, also considering I never listen louder than -15dB from reference level and at last considering I want to go with dual subs ( will buy a second one later).

Thank you all for your help.
Regards

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
You will come to love it. I use mine primarily for music and it blends so perfectly with my speakers that most people don't even notice there's a sub in the room...until I play music that needs it. Then, it's "game on."
:)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree. In a space that size, and considering you'll add a second one later. You should be very happy. I had one intermixed with two PC 12 pluses. It's a really great little subwoofer for smaller rooms.

M

Muzykant

Audioholic
I bought an SB-2000 for my 1500ft3 room, but later decided to upgrade to PC-2000. The sealed sub excelled at low and mid bass, but ultra low register was much weaker in comparison. The ported sub really does have much more low frequency bass. What surprised me is how good it sounds playing music. Now I want a second one to smooth out the response. I don't feel the need for extra power as I normally listen to music and movies at 30db below reference.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis