Help Matching On-Wall & In-Ceiling Speakers

S

smithouse5

Audiophyte
Hi,

Long story short, I need to mix and match in-ceiling rear/surround speakers to a set of on-wall front speakers.

Option #1 (preferred): Continue using my existing on-wall front speakers from Onkyo HT-S894. Does anyone have suggestions for "compatible" rear/surround in-ceiling speakers? I really like the slim profile and great performance of these on-wall speakers from Onkyo, hence my preference to continue using them if at all possible.

Option #2: Purchase all new speakers and admit that it's going to be impossible to "match" a pair of 8 year old speakers. If I go this route, I'm looking for high quality. Does a high quality "series" of speakers come to mind which has both on-wall and in-ceiling versions?

THANK YOU,
Jeff

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Things to Consider:
1. What is your budget?
2. Do you like the sound from your current setup?

That being said, most articles I have read, many from this site, and through my dealer, the most important speakers to match are the Fronts and Center, this is where a majority of your sound will originate from.

You probably will have a difficult time to match the rears, or surrounds, but at least it won't have as much impact on your sound.

There are tons of options for in wall and on wall, but before throwing out any suggestions, you would need to determine your budget.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis