Help locating custom colored enclosures for speakers

N

NoWhereMan

Audiophyte
I'm installing a home theater system for an older lady who does not want the system to stick out like a sore thumb. We've decided not to go with flush wall and ceiling speakers, do to some other complications.

So what I am looking for is some good speakers (money is not an issue) that will match the furniture her tv is in (the front and center speaker), and closely match the color of her wall, for the rear speakers. The front left and right speakers need to be about 4 feet in height. The front and center speakers the same color as the furniture. As for the rear speakers I'm looking for something that can mount on the wall, match the wall color, or close to, and be a slim design. It would also be nice to chose a sub color other than silver or black also. Also it would be nice if this was all from one manufacturer.

I've included some images below to give you an idea. I realize this room isn't ideally setup for home theater, but she is being stubborn....maybe she will change her mind once its done. So please no comments on speaker placement. Just on where I could possibly get this kind of setup. Thanks in advance guys!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Where in the room are the speakers going? Should they match, or just be close?

You might want to check into RBH. They offer 30 real veneers on their Signature Series speakers. Check out the options here. RBH also offers in-wall and in-celing stuff. They're highly rated and comprise most of the reference systems here at Audioholics.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Axiom also offers a number of custom finishes, including custom grill cloths for even better matching. May be worth checking out since it sounds like you need the fronts to match the furniture and the rears to match the wall color. You can click below the speaker and have it render it in each color to get an idea:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/customshop.html#

9f9c7z

Banned
Edit: I removed my suggestion. Now that I reread your post, it bothers me.

I'm installing a home theater system for an older lady

We've decided not to go with flush wall and ceiling speakers…

So what I am looking for is some good speakers (money is not an issue)

I realize this room isn't ideally setup for home theater…

I have no way to know if you are a friend of this older lady or a sleazy installer bilking her out of her money. I hear about this stuff in the news all the time. If you are getting paid for this ht install, I don’t care to be helpful to you. If you are her friend then you should behave as one. There is nothing about the room, the furniture placement, or the décor in your pictures that suggests money is not an issue.

What is your interest with this ht install?

Last edited:
N

NoWhereMan

Audiophyte
Well I can't really prove my intentions. So you can either provide some advice or don't. She will be receiving receipts for everything so it's not like I'm going to bilk up the price or some ish. This lady use to manage heavy metal bands (though you wouldn't tell from the pictures) so she's into all of this stuff. I'm just providing what she wants. Otherwise i'de goto circuit city and get a generic system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis