Help! Issue with Sound coming out from Hisense U8G and Vizio Elevate everytime its powered down

P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
This has become a slight annoyance but, lately everytime I power my hisense o, the Vizio elevate turns on but no sound.
So, I have to manually go in the hisense menu sound settings and flip from passthru to auto and back to passthru to get the sound on. Any suggestions?

Hisense U8G and Vizio Elevate SB

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might need to explain your setup more than that. What Vizio? What Hisense? How connected particularly?

ps Looked at title again, so Hisense model is U8G and Elevate is some sort of Vizio device.... (generally once you click on a title you rely on first post to have the relevant details as the title isn't very visible....at least IMHO).

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Best to ask here. Issues with Hisense sets and EARC are well known.
My Hisense U8H has an incredible picture...the EARC is useless. Bottom line is if its not working for you...its not going to by a simple flick of a switch.

P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
Hisense U8G and the first version of the Vizio Elevate SB where the speakers rotate up with an Atmos signal.

It used to work fine. But for the last few weeks it has been doing this. I have noticed the EARC is flaky at best.
Other than that its a great TV. My next 85" TV will be the Sony X90L for my living room.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes a simple soft reset of a unit can help (i.e. unplug from power your devices as they're likely in standby otherwise).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis