Help hook-up Denon avr 3802 w/ digital sources

T

tuan nguyen

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi everybody;
I'm here to ask for your help on connecting the a/v recievr Denon avr3820 w/ other digital source:
Background:
My system:
01 Denon a/v receiver avr3802
02 Dvd player 3300 and 656A
01 Sony playstation2
03 optical cables
Problem:
I can't have the 5.1/6.1 channels produced from the receiver-prologic2 only. Though i have tried many optical terminal of the receiver ( 03 optical terminal at the receiver-opt1,2,3) but no use. After connecting, i assigned from the set up of the receiver for which optical terminal for wich sourse) and also activated the optical out from the 2nd dvd player and Sony playstaion2-but no use.
I'd like to ask for you help on my problem.
Thanks so much for your reading this post.</font>

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>tuan
if you are able to process pro logic signals but not dd or dts &nbsp;the outputs on you equipment are most likely set to pcm only. they will need to be set to stream/pcm. if this is correct try the &quot;auto&quot; button on the front of the 3802
good luck
aaron</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Sometimes if the input you want is switched to a DSP mode it won't switch out of it when you get a digital signal. &nbsp;Just rotate the smaller dial on the right hand side (the one that chooses the soundfield) until you get Dolby Digital. &nbsp;Hitting 'auto' usually works, but not all the time.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Does the DD or DTS light come on the reciever when you play a DVD? &nbsp;If not, make sure you have the DD and DTS enabled on your DVD player and Sony PS2. &nbsp;I have a Denon AVR 1082, (3802 twin) and I had a hard time finding the setup on the PS2 to enable DD and DTS for DVD's. &nbsp;You will have to press the &quot;select&quot; button on the PS2 controller to get to setup while playing a DVD. &nbsp;Just turning on the digital out on the PS2 will not enable DD or DTS. &nbsp;You need to go through setup with a DVD in the player. &nbsp;Once you enable DD and DTS, make sure you eject the disk and put it back in without turning off the console, that way you will keep the DD and DTS settings as a default in the player. &nbsp;Hope this helps!</font>

JVC

JVC

Banned
<font color='#000000'>The outputs on the dvd players have to be set to bitstream, not pcm (some may say raw instead of bitstream).
Then, the main thing is to make sure the digital inputs on the Denon, have been activated. You have to turn them on. They aren't automatically on. You may need to refer to the manual on how to do this. It's not hard at all. Then once everything is activated, set receiver to digital auto. Then when you insert a dvd, it should automatically go to DD 5.1, when the movie starts. If the movie has a dts track, you will have to go into the movie's menu, and choose the dts track in the audio setup or languages part of menu. It will NOT automatically go to a dts track.
Good luck! &nbsp;Keep us posted as to results?</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis