Help decide SVS SB-13 Ultra vs. HSU ULS-15

S

speakerdoo

Enthusiast
Would appreciate any input that would help me make a decision on one of these two subs. My listening is equal between music and movies. My room is 20x17x17 approximately. I am inclining more towards ULS-15 as it a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. Thanks in advance.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I would lean towards the HSU. I doubt the SVS matches its displacement and to me the features don't matter.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
5700 cubic ft room, why are you looking at a sealed sub?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
This might be worth a look in the sealed category:
POWER SOUND AUDIO — XS30

5 year warranty like the SVS too, but the amp isn't as fully featured, and obviously the finish isn't exactly piano black.

One of the best (IMO) in the price class for ported:
Rythmik Audio • 15" servo subwoofer FV15HP
Data-Bass

Perhaps worth noting with reference to PD's comment that the Rythmik will deliver 6dB more average output in the 20Hz-32Hz range versus the XS-30 when comparing Josh's measurements with PSA's specs, which is quite considerable.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think what needed to be said has been covered.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
5700 cubic ft room, why are you looking at a sealed sub?
+1 this. I don't think either sub is going to be enough for that room unless you just like smooth jazz at low levels. I would want at least two of either sub. Steve81's suggestions look great as well.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yeah, look at a ported sub.

if you had said music listening was greater than the movie watching, the sealed sub would have been ok.

S

speakerdoo

Enthusiast
Thanks to all. I have decided to go with the ported sub. I am debating between Rythmik FV15HP, HSU VTF-3 MK4 and HSU VTF-15H.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Of that trio, the Rythmik would be my choice. In no uncertain terms, it's in a different performance class than either of the Hsu subs.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
All good options, but I would lean towards the Rythmik myself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis