Help before I make bad purchase

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow gmoney! Nice job. Don't worry, the RBH's should keep you happy for a long time. They're on my short list for sure. Actually all your gear is well chosen. Nice.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Made my purchases. I'm sure I'm going to get grilled here for not spending more on the main speakers when given total amount spent- but I'm happy. my thinking is that for the price I got the rbh for ($275 ea) I can definitely replace them once my 20 mo old daughter is a bit older, maybe move them into my office. And while they are not cheap, I won't lose my mind if something happens to them.
Rbh R55Ti's
Emotiva a300
Marantz nr1607
Hsu vtf-3 mk5 hp sub ( I went from no subwoofer, to it being highest end piece of my setup lol)
The R55Ti speakers look to be out of stock at the moment. A good alternative you might look at is the Fluance Signature towers. It is a wider speaker and might be more difficult to tip over if your kid ever ran into it. It also has very good sound quality.

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
The R55Ti speakers look to be out of stock at the moment. A good alternative you might look at is the Fluance Signature towers. It is a wider speaker and might be more difficult to tip over if your kid ever ran into it. It also has very good sound quality.
I got a confirmation from them and when I purchased they showed in stock... if they are not then I'll be back on here asking advice for something else...

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
Oh I see- I thought they were on sale. I bought the r55's on clearance. does that mean they are scratch and dent???

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
Yeah I'll do that after the weekend is over. I ordered them directly from RBH website.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Made my purchases. I'm sure I'm going to get grilled here for not spending more on the main speakers when given total amount spent- but I'm happy. my thinking is that for the price I got the rbh for ($275 ea) I can definitely replace them once my 20 mo old daughter is a bit older, maybe move them into my office. And while they are not cheap, I won't lose my mind if something happens to them.
Rbh R55Ti's
Emotiva a300
Marantz nr1607
Hsu vtf-3 mk5 hp sub ( I went from no subwoofer, to it being highest end piece of my setup lol)
Very nice equipment list. I know you won't be disappointed. Slight blemishes on RBH speakers most likely would be either not visible or barely noticeable. I heard them back in 2012 and was very impressed by smooth laid back and warm sound.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Usually mains will give the best response out in the room away from walls and away from corners.
1/4-wall/corner is also excellent for the subs according to research.

If the front wall is 18FT wide, then the subs would be about 4FT away from the left wall and about 4FT from the right wall.

That's why I mentioned the 1/4-corner (1/4-front wall) for the subs & mains.

That would place the mains 10FT apart, 4 FT from the side walls.

Last edited:
Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
Spoke to Brian at RBH. The clearance R55Ti are scratch and dent. He told me their scratch and dent link was dead for a long time so they have a lot and they just fixed the link. Just an FYI for people interested, got mine for $278 ea.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Spoke to Brian at RBH. The clearance R55Ti are scratch and dent. He told me their scratch and dent link was dead for a long time so they have a lot and they just fixed the link. Just an FYI for people interested, got mine for $278 ea.
Curious to know how much actually wear would be visible to non-careful eye on your pair of speakers.
My feeling - is not a lot if any.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I bought all my speakers open box or scratch and dent and have no issues. I have no worries at all. Great way to save money on good gear.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gmoneywp15

Gmoneywp15

Audioholic Intern
Curious to know how much actually wear would be visible to non-careful eye on your pair of speakers.
My feeling - is not a lot if any.
I'll update you all when I get all my gear and all setup on how the rbh' look. Got the Marantz Sunday and have it playing thru an old pair of Bose for now. Spoke to HSU and the subwoofer ships out today. A300 should be here tomorrow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis