Help a NOOB: are Audeze LCD1 the best headphones under 600$?

manfro11

Audiophyte
Hi guys, I'm writing to you looking for help because I have to give my father a special gift.
He has been playing the guitar for years and has long been looking for a pair of "serious" headphones to mix his songs (rock-blues-jazz) in the amateur station that he has built over the years here at home.

His needs:
- must be open / half open
- they must have a low impedance, which allows them to be used without an amp
- they must not be wireless
- the budget must not exceed 600$

Thank you for your kind attention and I hope for your help, as Christmas is near! :eek:

EDIT:
I just saw that Audeze produced the LCD-1, which match all the requirements I have listed.
Also, unlike many other brands, Audeze stuff is made in the USA, not China.
What do you think of these headphones?

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Hi guys, I'm writing to you looking for help because I have to give my father a special gift.
He has been playing the guitar for years and has long been looking for a pair of "serious" headphones to mix his songs (rock-blues-jazz) in the amateur station that he has built over the years here at home.
Based on this statement I recommend these
Sony MDR-7506

manfro11

Audiophyte
Hi @mazersteven , first of all thanks for your quick reply!
Those Sony are very good, I've seen many videos in which many guys speak really well about them, but I was looking for something more expensive and qualitatively better

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
but I was looking for something more expensive and qualitatively better
You can spend more money if you think that'll give you better sound quality that would all be placebo effect.

I also recommend these based on the fact you were not looking for closed headphones

Sennheiser HD-650

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
these have an impedance of 600 ohms, the amp would necessarily be needed and him don't want it.
I run mine off a receiver no amp. But even so based on your budget you still could get a Amp and still be under budget

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
AKG K701 (another great set of cans)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
AKG K701 (another great set of cans)
I own HD-600 and AKG K712-Pro (Austria) - between these two HD-600 hands down is much better.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What about HIFIMAN SUNDARA?
seems like another very solid choice:
If I to take a gamble, I'd try the Sundaram, but if gambling isn't your thing you'd love the sound of HD-600. I got my on deep sale at $250. I'd set a price alert on Keepa for look for at least $299 or less

manfro11

Audiophyte
Guys, I just saw that Audeze produced the LCD-1, which match all the requirements I have listed.
Also, unlike many other brands, Audeze stuff is made in the USA, not China.
What do you think of these headphones?
(I edited the original thread, in line with my latest research).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis