P

Paranoidandroid

Audiophyte
I have a pair of the dolby atmos bouncy speakers. I wish I would have found the audioholic youtube resource before purchasing them, but they were a fun experiment, I found a steal of a price- so not much is lost.

how do you guys feel about repurposing the bouncy speaker as a down firing height speaker similar to the Auro3d setup. It is a Klipsch 140SA, and has the vertical angle I would need for my listening position. The left- right angling will be a bit more difficult since it is a keyhole mount.

I know some of you don't like Klipsch :) I an not quite ready to change the whole system yet, I may relook at other products down the road.

I also can't really cut into the ceiling of my listening room. Been trying to figure that out for a while. it is a no go.

my worries
1- it a very narrow angle of projection coming off of the front of the speaker. I only have a 2-3 seat listening area though
2-the Head Related Transfer Function - "a rise at 7 kHz of 5 dB followed by a drop of 7 dB at 12 kHz" ..... will that really screw with its ability to be a straight speaker? I know I can preamp eq this to lessen the damage, I know it won't be as good as flat.

Is the 140sa Worth at least trying up there, or am I set up to fail?

My Setup- Marantz 7010, and a 10 year old klipsch reference series run in 5.2.2. standard residential ceilings. The goal is to expand to a descent Atmos and DTS:X system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Try it and let us know. I've tried speakers up and down firing up high and on the floor, and this was long before Atmos came around. Entirely depends on your room and listening position as to what results you will get or you may not like any of them. There's more than one way to skin a speaker setup.

P

Paranoidandroid

Audiophyte
Thanks,

I put up screws for them today, and need to do some calibrating. I will let people know.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis