res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I was under the impression that admins were going to create a Headphones section in the forums? Where else am I going to find other headphone enthusiasts to talk about my recent purchase of sennheiser hd 280 pro phones?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I was under the impression that admins were going to create a Headphones section in the forums? Where else am I going to find other headphone enthusiasts to talk about my recent purchase of sennheiser hd 280 pro phones?

I agree. AH needs a portable audio section.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
+1, head-fi.org is great for some stuff but it would be nice to have the more grounded discussions of AH members.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
My Klipsch X10i's just came in the mail today :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
+1, head-fi.org is great for some stuff but it would be nice to have the more grounded discussions of AH members.
"Grounded" is a good term. That what seems to be lacking with a lot of the popular headphone enthusiast discussion websites. It would be refreshing to have a place to discuss portable audio (headphones, PMP's etc) without having to sift through a lot of pseudoscience and just plain ole' snake oil. Isn't this what AH is all about? :D

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Agree, besides, we all know we want to talk about the new shure headphones instead of the hd280s anyways :p

mike

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Agree, besides, we all know we want to talk about the new shure headphones instead of the hd280s anyways :p

mike
For closed headphones the Shure 440 and 840 are very good headphones. The 440's have a nice neutral response and the 840 are more dark sounding and for people who like lots of bass. The soundstage is actually pretty good (for closed that is). The 840's are also bigger headphones than the 440's with bigger pads and hence more comfortable (you can also swap 840 pads onto the 440's). Like most closed headphones including the comparable Senns and Sony's, they can tend to "clamp" on your head.

Last edited:
res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic

mike
I believe you, brotha... however, I just couldn't see myself dropping $100.00+ on headphones that I will probably break :p

B

BWG707

Audioholic
I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD-555. This was the first set of headphones I've bought sense about 1989. I can not believe how much they have improved. For less than $80 the HD-555's are a bargain. They seem to be very nuetral sounding to me and that is just what I like. I am impressed.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD-555. This was the first set of headphones I've bought sense about 1989. I can not believe how much they have improved. For less than $80 the HD-555's are a bargain. They seem to be very nuetral sounding to me and that is just what I like. I am impressed.
The HD555's are great, I consider them one of the best open airs for under $100. I switch between them and my Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10, snagged those at Amazon when they were $99...they are fantastic. Glad to have the Hd555's for quick listening, sometimes I don't feel like taking time to properly situate the IEM's.

V

Vracer111

Audioholic
Headphone/misc section would be nice. I wasn't too keen on headphones until I recently bought the Denon AH-D2000 headphones for an ok price...wow, besides the really intricate details I've never heard before on many tracks both CD and SACD, now I have to upgrade my subwoofers on my HT system because they just can't compare!

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
hey guys been on amazon all day looking for some headphones+mic for my pc and ps3.
I am about to pull whatever hair I have left out trying to figure out what to buy. I have a couple of headphones in mind like the creative labs sound blaster arena(not sure these work with the ps3) or the ear force px21's. Anyway what do you guys use for gaming on your systems.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
hey guys been on amazon all day looking for some headphones+mic for my pc and ps3.
I am about to pull whatever hair I have left out trying to figure out what to buy. I have a couple of headphones in mind like the creative labs sound blaster arena(not sure these work with the ps3) or the ear force px21's. Anyway what do you guys use for gaming on your systems.
Whats a popular method amongst gamers is to use a full-sized headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 for example (because of its soundstage/positioning abilities) and do a simple mic mod to them.

Like this: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/446329/fragtality-s-audio-technica-ad700-boom-mic-mod

or just add a simple clip on mic.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
To use them with the ps3 you'll need to use something like the astro mixamp though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis