Headphones......kind of

M

mod

Junior Audioholic
I'm hoping that someone here may have a suggestion on fixing this problem.

I have home theatre/audio system and all of that is fine. My wife has some significant hearing loss, so for her to listen to anything without blasting everyone else out of the room I had to install a product called TV Ears. It has a wireless transmitter that sends the audio to a cheap set of headphones. The transmitter and headphones must be in direct line of sight. Not a quality product at all.

Is anyone familiar with other wireless headphone/earbud products out there?

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
I'd go with a bluetooth wireless setup. There are many options out there but the audio quality via bluetooth will be vastly better and reception will be improved as well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd go with a bluetooth wireless setup. There are many options out there but the audio quality via bluetooth will be vastly better and reception will be improved as well.
Strongly disagree. Most BT headphones are not suitable to watch TV/HT due to latency. Only some of ons which APT-x protocol might work.

Yes, Sens's Wireless is way to go. I own now 3 different Sens heads and all of them have great sound (for their price points)

M

mod

Junior Audioholic
Strongly disagree. Most BT headphones are not suitable to watch TV/HT due to latency. Only some of ons which APT-x protocol might work.

Yes, Sens's Wireless is way to go. I own now 3 different Sens heads and all of them have great sound (for their price points)
Thanks for all the responses, but I have to admit this is all a bit confusing to me. I have a Yamaha Rx-V663 and the manual shows it will accept a Bluetooth adapter. Whether or not that's what I need, I don't know. I have a pair of blue tooth earbuds that my daughter just gave me and those are paired to my iPhone. I'd like to be able to pair to the tv audio for my wife and still have the regular audio for others. Here's the whole story. If I sound a bit dense in understanding all of this I'll blame some of that on "chemo brain". I have lung cancer and am going thru chemo. I had a brain tumor and that was treated with radiation. This is one of the things I'm trying to get in order for my wife.

If I buy a blue tooth adapter can I then just pair a wireless blue tooth headset?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If I buy a blue tooth adapter can I then just pair a wireless blue tooth headset?
Mod, First of all I wish you beat the cancer and survive. My mom is long time cancer survivor and the trick is not to give up and keep spirits high.

As for headphones - bluetooth will certainly work with adapter, but my point is - there is likely will a latency or a delay between what shown on the screen and audio. even 50-100ms would be very noticeable. Sennheiser RS don't use BT but instead proprietary wireless system which doesn't add delays in audio

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
However.......since you already have a bluetooth headset, give it a try. What do you have to lose??!!

M

mod

Junior Audioholic
Mod, First of all I wish you beat the cancer and survive. My mom is long time cancer survivor and the trick is not to give up and keep spirits high.

As for headphones - bluetooth will certainly work with adapter, but my point is - there is likely will a latency or a delay between what shown on the screen and audio. even 50-100ms would be very noticeable. Sennheiser RS don't use BT but instead proprietary wireless system which doesn't add delays in audio
So to use the wireless earbuds I have, I need to buy an adapter like http://www.zzounds.com/item--BOEBLUETOOTHAUDIOAD?siid=169959&-M0CFRFZhgodDBsGQg=

But the if I find I want to use Sennheiser then I need to buy a Sennheiser adapter and headset?

LarryMagoo

LarryMagoo

Enthusiast
Mod,

To help fight your cancer, you must really watch your diet. I lost my wife of 38 years to that ugly disease...we almost beat it.... her Doc gave her 4 months and we got 4.5 years fighting back.

You should eat as much Alkaline diet as you can. Everything you eat is either Alkaline or Acidic. Cancer feeds on Acidic foods/liquids. Pretty hard to do 100% alkaline, but you need not eat any crap you don't need to.... like Soda pop which cancer loves!

Google "Alkaline Foods"....the more you eat of eat the better chance to beat it!

Cheers,
Larry

M

mod

Junior Audioholic
Great news as a result of this forum. I bought the Sennheiser RS120 ll and my wife loves them. They are wireless, lightweight, comfortable and only about $65 on Amazon. Sound is far better than the more expensive and far less comfy tv ears. Thanks so much for the great advice.
Mike

Last edited:
M

mod

Junior Audioholic
Mod,

To help fight your cancer, you must really watch your diet. I lost my wife of 38 years to that ugly disease...we almost beat it.... her Doc gave her 4 months and we got 4.5 years fighting back.

You should eat as much Alkaline diet as you can. Everything you eat is either Alkaline or Acidic. Cancer feeds on Acidic foods/liquids. Pretty hard to do 100% alkaline, but you need not eat any crap you don't need to.... like Soda pop which cancer loves!

Google "Alkaline Foods"....the more you eat of eat the better chance to beat it!

Cheers,
Larry
Larry,
I appreciate the thought, kind of, but let me make a suggestion before you pass on any more cancer advice. Those of us with cancer, especially types like lung cancer, really don't want or need to hear about others friends and relatives who have died, how long they "hung on", how short their lives were supposed to be, etc, etc.. Only God knows when and we only hope for life. Our thoughts and focus hit major road bumps every time someone is anxious to mention death. I'm sorry about your wife, but it wasn't you and apparently you really don't understand.

LarryMagoo

LarryMagoo

Enthusiast
Mod,

Sorry I was only trying to help you win your fight with everything I learned in my Wife's battle....sorry you did not see it that way...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis