Headphone Connection

D

debrucer

Audiophyte
I'm in the market for a new receiver, my Yamaha is 12 years old, and I have been doing research into the features I want. I thought I was narrowing down the selections until I found a site that allows you to compare receivers side by side. I was shocked to discover that more than half of the receivers that I started to compare (manufacturers included Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha)did not have a connection port for headphones according to the comparisons.
Can anyone verify that this is true or am I misunderstanding something? I use this feature on my current unit late at night so I don't disturb others sleeping.

T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Seem's to me that maybe your comparison site has some issues...all the receiver's i've come across have headphone
Jack's on the front panel...yamaha have silent cinema, a specific headphone feature.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

D

debrucer

Audiophyte
Thanks for the post. It didn't seem logical to me, which is why I questioned it. It is also intresting that you noted the difference in Yamaha's silent cinema vs others. Is that true on all Yamaha receivers?

T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Tbh ,i couldnt tell you....
I've not got any specific interest in headphone listening ,but i've just gone through the buying/researching process
Ended up with a rx v667
I'm sure it would be very easy to go on the manufacturers
Website's to check for headphone connectivity

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If you are concerned about any specific feature, please look at the manufacturer's website for product specifications. While 'comparison guides' can be good, they often don't get into the details of esoteric features that may matter. I would say a good number of people never use or think about headphone connections, and the website may default to 'NO' if such a feature is not mentioned. I just took a quick look at the Yamaha website and their bottom of the line HTR receivers have a headphone jack on the front panel. I would expect the same from most other manufacturers and it is easy enough to check them out by going to their websites.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis