HDR on 32" 16:9 pc monitor or TV

Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
Hello, I'm looking for an upgrade of my Panasonic Viera E30, should I go for SONY KDL-32W706B, or wait for HDR 4K screens, I don't actually care about 4k, but I do want HDR.
Will 4K HDR ever be a thing on 32" screens, is there a point in waiting for it, what do you guys think?

Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
1st one is nice but 1080p and HDR? how does that work, don't you need 4K for HDR to work? As I understand it HDR isn't supported on 1080p. And the Canon, yeah, it's more expensive than my used GT car, if it was OLED maybe but 20k for IPS LCD just feels like a huge waste of money.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
1st one is nice but 1080p and HDR? how does that work, don't you need 4K for HDR to work? As I understand it HDR isn't supported on 1080p. And the Canon, yeah, it's more expensive than my used GT car, if it was OLED maybe but 20k for IPS LCD just feels like a huge waste of money.
ok, both monitors are clearly meant for Professional video production. They may or may not work with your sources (pc with strong gpu I guess). My first link with Sony 43" tv is probably what you need and if 43" doesn't fit now - well - make it fit :)

As for prices - it's not quite fair to complain about them after saying price is no object ;-)
Pro video stuff, especially 4k is very expensive and will stay expensive for a while, but yeah - I'm not going to argue these product do have HUGE markups.

Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
I can afford both of them, but I don't think I'll get my money's worth, just like with Focal Utopia headphones, slightly better sound but not 3K$ better than Elear, which I ordered, and utopia is less comfortable because of leather ear pads. But i digress.
My Viera has developed a few dead pixels in the MIDDLE of the screen, so I'm looking for replacement, SONY KDL-32W706B has great reviews, I'm just wondering if we will see hdr on 32" screens within a year.
I can't "just make space" for larger screen, I live and work (and yes I use my Viera for work and entertainment) from rented one room apartment (well it actually has small separate kitchen so 2ish room I guess), I will probably move in 3-5 years once I start building my own house, but that's neither here nor there.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Here is the long and short of it...Ready....set...wait

PC Monitors with HDR are not out yet, though I would expect some by late this year or the next.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis