B

beachhifi

Enthusiast
Hope some one can help with my question. My Yamaha receiver has two HDMI inputs and one output. I have both HDMI inputs taken by my DVR and Sony PS3, but want to hook up a Toshiba HDDVD. Am I going to need an HDMI switcher in order to take advantage of the video and audio of the Toshiba? My Mitsubishi DLP has one HDMI input left as the other one is being used by my receiver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

B

bur1196

Enthusiast
I would go for the HDMI switcher. I brought mine from Best Buy (brand is Psyclone) and its a 4x1 HDMI switch. In my opinion, its money well spent (cost $200 but cheaper ones can be had) because you don't have to worry about the hassles of switching wires, etc...

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Hope some one can help with my question. My Yamaha receiver has two HDMI inputs and one output. I have both HDMI inputs taken by my DVR and Sony PS3, but want to hook up a Toshiba HDDVD. Am I going to need an HDMI switcher in order to take advantage of the video and audio of the Toshiba? My Mitsubishi DLP has one HDMI input left as the other one is being used by my receiver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm curious as to why you have a PS3 (blue-ray) but still want to connect a HD DVD player? Are you going to buy multi-platform discs?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I'm curious as to why you have a PS3 (blue-ray) but still want to connect a HD DVD player? Are you going to buy multi-platform discs?
I bought the BD-P1200 and the HD-XA2 because you can not get all the movies you want to see in one format. I do not buy DVDs, BR, or HD DVDs discs. I rent them through NetFlix.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is called going "purple" I don't want to limit myself if a particular movie happens to be on one or the other, though I definitely favor Blu-Ray.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis