HDMI not working with cable box and receiver

M

mattattax

Audiophyte
I know this has been discussed before but I have 2 questions regarding the issue. First of all, here's what I have:

Sony 1080p HDTV
Yamaha 5.1 Receiver
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

1. I've read a lot about various brands of receivers not working (Yamaha is usually on the list). My question is: If I return my Yamaha receiver and get an Onkyo, will my HDMI cable, HDTV, cable box, and receiver all get along ?

2. How much difference is it to take out the HDMI cable and just put in a component cable?

Thank you for any and all responses!

mr-ben

mr-ben

Audioholic
I know this has been discussed before but I have 2 questions regarding the issue. First of all, here's what I have:

Sony 1080p HDTV
Yamaha 5.1 Receiver
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

1. I've read a lot about various brands of receivers not working (Yamaha is usually on the list). My question is: If I return my Yamaha receiver and get an Onkyo, will my HDMI cable, HDTV, cable box, and receiver all get along ?

2. How much difference is it to take out the HDMI cable and just put in a component cable?

Thank you for any and all responses!

From my understanding of this issue:

1) no.
2) not much of a difference.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The Cable box needs a firmware update that some cable companies are and some are not willing to address....

Changing receivers will not help your situation... Where are you located?
Who is your Cable company...? They are the ones you need to contact, and it seems they do it on a individual basis, if they will help you at all...

Be persistant !!! Talk to a Tech support guy who knows something, not just some stupid sales person on the phone... Good luck...

Last edited:
M

mattattax

Audiophyte
Thanks

I will try components for now and keep calling TWC here in Houston for firmware updates. Thanks a million!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis