F

FNG212

Audioholic
How important is it for a newer (HDMI/upconverting/upscaling) receiver to be/have HDCP compliance/decoders. I was looking at Onkyo receivers and noticed not many of the -7 series has them but even the low end denons do.

Is this relevant at all? I plan on passing movies through the receiver to take advantage of the upscaling/converting

thanks

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
How important is it for a newer (HDMI/upconverting/upscaling) receiver to be/have HDCP compliance/decoders. I was looking at Onkyo receivers and noticed not many of the -7 series has them but even the low end denons do.

Is this relevant at all? I plan on passing movies through the receiver to take advantage of the upscaling/converting

thanks
Most all of the new gear that has HDMI has HDCP;)

F

FNG212

Audioholic
My concern surrounds the -7 onkyos that don't list it as a feature, at least on the accessories4less. But if they have it cool beans ill move.forward

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Most all of the new gear that has HDMI has HDCP;)
All of the AVRs with an HDMI repeater chip set include this..
Having it work rite is the challenge, checkout www.digital-cp.com and you will find many brands do not submit their products.. :cool:

The other crucial point is that many source products with an HDMI transmitter also are not certified for HDMI/HDCP and compatibility with AVRs with an HDMI repeater.. :confused:

Thats why many HDMI handshake compatibility problems are reported..
A few of the suspects are the Apple TV, Samsung Blu-ray players, Motorola STBs, Direct TV Sat tuners..

Primary reason they don't pursue the HDMI/HDCP certifications is to save time (ship sooner) and the significant $ expense ($15K-25K per submitted product)..

Just my $0.01.. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis