Hd And Blueray Players

SHAWNSMITH

SHAWNSMITH

Audiophyte
I am experiencing multipule problems with the Toshiba and LG players we have been installing, has anyone else ran across any problems with the players? I have had to upgrade the softwsre via the internet on most of the Toshiba hd players and a few of the lg ones repeatedly and in some cases multiple times on a few units.

Thanks

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Helps if you tell us the kind of problems you have been having so we can try to relate or possibly help you fix them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is a well known fact that you have to update to the latest firmware with nearly all BD and HD-DVD players, so not sure what your question is? On more than a few Blu-ray (not BLUEray) discs that I have purchased recently, there's a card included that tells you to make sure you have the latest firmware... That's why having the PS3 connected to the network is a great thing - automatic updates...

Last edited:
SHAWNSMITH

SHAWNSMITH

Audiophyte
Sorry To answer your question in requards to the problems I am having, First I have a lot of customers that say the discs will not play. Second when they do play they sometime stop mid movie and then will not continue to play. Third when the disc do start to read it takes a very long time to load. As I stated before we have updated the software repeatedly... It is seeming like the customer has to download the software every few days before he can play a dvd.

Thanks

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The discs probably do not play because the firmware needs to be updated and the long load time for discs are normal with current models as is the constant need to download updates..

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This is a common complaint among these early generation HD disc players. The new Samsung BD-1400 is a 3rd generation model announced that is specifically rumored to address these slow disc start times and may start playback in just a few seconds - but it isn't due out for a while yet (fall or later).

The PS3, of course, remains one of the strongest players on the market with fast load times, wi-fi built in for updates, and a full feature set for output... and, oh yeah, it plays games... at a relatively inexpensive price point.

Of course, no IR or serial control leaves it out of most complex systems as the main player.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sorry To answer your question in requards to the problems I am having, First I have a lot of customers that say the discs will not play. Second when they do play they sometime stop mid movie and then will not continue to play. Third when the disc do start to read it takes a very long time to load. As I stated before we have updated the software repeatedly... It is seeming like the customer has to download the software every few days before he can play a dvd.

Thanks
You may have your customers get on the maker's mailing list for the firmware by disc. At times, downloading has not helped.
At times, it is a disc issue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis