Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Well I’ve had my Harmony 880 for about 2 weeks now and I still love it as much as when I got it. I’m not going to go into describing it right here for a lil background on the remote go here Harmony 880 . Well moving on this thing is beautiful and fits right in you’re hand. Set up was a breeze, just install the software and plug it in. One of the things I really like was that all you’re info is stored at Logitech and not on you’re computer. I’m constantly formatting my computer so that’s a big plus for me but it also creates a small problem in the way that you must have an internet connection to set up and change settings. Initial setup was as easy as answering questions about you’re system. And then there is a lot you can do to personalize basically everything. You can even up load you’re own pictures for a slide show and for you’re favorite channels. The backlight is more than bright enough and has a tilt sensor built in. More or less what I’m getting at is that this remote is great. It just works and is insanely adjustable, any button can do anything you want. It’s a great buy and I recommend it for anyone.

Sean

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
I love mine as well. I do wish the number pad was higher up on the remote. But other then that, I have no complaints.

D

driver

Enthusiast
This is a great remote ! I paid 170.00 from ebay . I have issues with switching between sources on my tv , but that will be fixed soon as I plan to purchase a plasma that has different ir codes for source switching . I have setup my favorite channels and can control my cooling system in my family room through this remote . I would suggest this to anyone that wants simplicity in an unsimple hometheater .

Last edited by a moderator:
N

newfmp3

Audioholic
I think you win the reward for worse online picture of the 880 :)

Ax-man

Ax-man

Audioholic
newfmp3 said:
I think you win the reward for worse online picture of the 880 :)
Yep...even whenever I stepped back 15 or 20 feet it *still* looks like crap, let me take a peek after a couple of beers this evening and see if things don't improve! :)

I've had my 880 for about a couple of months now and I must say I really do like the thing, the buttons are a little on the small side but other than that I have had no problems with the thing.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I'm no expert on digital cameras, but shouldn't you use the 'macro' mode to take close-up pictures?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Dude your timing is awesome

I was just thinking of getting this one. The timing of your review is perfect. Now I can take the plunge and swear at you for the rest of my life if it does'nt work out ;)

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
Maybe the picture is perfect and we have all gone suddenly intermittently and quite selectively nearsighted? :p

you know, I'm not getting any younger....

wait a minute, that's not funny!

:)

on a side note, glad people are liking this. Personally I am waiting for the 890.....then I'll wait for the crazy price to settle.

D

driver

Enthusiast
Yes < I know it was a terrible pic . my camera was not in auto mode :confused: . I'll hope fully this is better .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ax-man

Ax-man

Audioholic
I see the little misses has already had her hands on the the remote driver, the 'HGTV' channel is the sure giveaway. ;)

Actually I don't have any favorite channels programmed into my 880 and didn't know the company logo would show up like that, pretty cool!

D

driver

Enthusiast
Yes the wife and my little one uses it , so to be fair hgtv and nick are on there . I was able to get those images by doing a image search through yahoo and google . Then I added them to my pictures and uploaded from there .

D

driver

Enthusiast
thanks DavidA , that is a great site hopefully all channels put thier logo on here .

M

Maddys

Audioholic Intern
Does the Harmony 880 work on digital cable boxes?

Michael

Last edited:
D

driver

Enthusiast
Yes .I have a motorola hd dvr and I didn't know that it had an independant volume control from my tv and reciever . When I went to turn the volume up on my tv the dvr's volume would go up as well , so to fix that I had to decrease the value of the dvr's volume control to 0 . On the setup website of course . :D

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
It really can control anything. I have set up to run my Media Center as well and the only issue I had with that was turning off the computer when not in use. One simple click and that was solved now it never turns off the computer but turns off everything else not in use. And with the set up if you have a good knoledge of youre system it should be damn close to perfect on one try. But if something isnt right its super easy to take care of. I did the same thing with the favorite channels I think thats the coolest thing I even have a second page of channels I dony really watch just cause.

Sean

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
driver said:
Yes the wife and my little one uses it , so to be fair hgtv and nick are on there . I was able to get those images by doing a image search through yahoo and google . Then I added them to my pictures and uploaded from there .
Uh, Driver, did you pay retail for yours? ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis