Harman Kardon SB 16 Surround Bar First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Harman Kardon rates the SB 16 surround bar solution down to 50hz which, while not the most impressive stat, it probably is one of the most honest we've seen. We can't help but respect that. How many surround bar solutions have we seen that rate themselves down to 40 or 30hz when you could tell, just by the specs, that there wasn't a chance that was true. We'd really like to get our ears on the Harmon Kardon SB16. On paper, the SB 16 looks very competitive. The wireless sub is a plus and three inputs a definite bonus. The SB 16 seems to have it all from looks to features. Now all we need to know is if they have it sonically.

Discuss "Harman Kardon SB 16 Surround Bar First Look" here. Read the article.

ksalno

ksalno

Audiophyte
Looking for an opinion on the best connectivity option. I currently have 3 sources in my bedroom connected to a Sony 32XBR via HDMI - an Xbox360, BD player, and DTV HDR. The Sony offers both coax and optical digital out. I am better off to connect to the TV via HDMI and then out to the SB16 from the TV via coax, keeping audio in the digital domain all the way to the speakers? Or should I run a connection from each source directly to the speakers, bypassing the TV audio handling altogether?

Also, if I go with the first option and run everything through the TV, could I improve the sound quality by inserting a good quality DAC between the TV and the SB16. I haven't read anywhere what DACs the SB16 used on the digital inputs but there are some pretty decent ones out there in the $100-200 range, I think.

E

eddy657

Audiophyte
Harman Kardon SB 16/230 Soundbar

Hi, I've had my SoundbarHi for a few months but now, all of a sudden, the volume frequently turns itself up, so much so that I have had to switch it off. I've tried adjusting the frequency settings as a well as the trim settings to no avail.
Do you ave any suggestions please?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis