Harman kardon avr 7500 volume knob

P

Primož Osolnik

Audiophyte
Hello today i got myself an older HK avr 7500 receiver in good condition, its only issue is its volume knob as it only turns the volume up no metter in which direction it is turned...I will probably try to clean it but here is a question...currently I have an Hk 5500 which is a receiver from same time and class only a bit weaker...i wonder if cleaning the knob wont work does anyone knows if those two models uses the same volume mechanism ? If it is so I will simply put working one into 7500 but I dont just want to dissasanble both to possibly found ot the are not the same.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello today i got myself an older HK avr 7500 receiver in good condition, its only issue is its volume knob as it only turns the volume up no metter in which direction it is turned...I will probably try to clean it but here is a question...currently I have an Hk 5500 which is a receiver from same time and class only a bit weaker...i wonder if cleaning the knob wont work does anyone knows if those two models uses the same volume mechanism ? If it is so I will simply put working one into 7500 but I dont just want to dissasanble both to possibly found ot the are not the same.
The problem is likely not the control. These modern units do not have a volume control in the accepted traditional sense. They are digital controls that work through the software and microprocessor.

There is far more chance than not that changing the control will not solve the problem.

The first thing to do is a factory reset to default. If that does not solve it your options are slim.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis