Great Concert, that will Give Your System a Real Workout. Pipedreams 40th. Anniversary Concert

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I highly recommend this concert to members. It has lot of great music that you will enjoy and really test your systems literally from top to bottom
Listen to the 40th. Pipedreams Anniversary Concert Here.

Pipedreams has been aired weekly for 40 years. It has been hosted by longtime MPR host Michael Barone, himself an organist.

One Sunday last September we made our way, including yours truly, to the Twin Cities North Metro to the Auditorium of Bethel college, which houses a magnificent organ. Michael put together an outstanding program, featuring Twin Cities organists. Each piece played by a different soloist and he played one of the solo parts. All works were for organ and orchestra.
The orchestra was put together and conducted by Bill Eddins, conductor Laureate of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, and now a Twin Cities resident.

The orchestra illustrates the depth of the musical talent in the Minnesota. Both the Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra had concerts that weekend and so none of their players were available. Nevertheless, Bill Eddins was able to assemble a large ad hoc orchestra, that played superbly and never put a foot wrong.

The program starts with one of my favorites, the Toccata Festiva by Samuel Barber. This got the concert off to a blazing start.

A lot of this music is loud, especially the first item on the program. So turn up the volume and let your systems really go! You will need robust subs.

Michael Barone will be here to listen to this concert in my room here. We are just waiting for one of the recording engineers to get back from Europe. He is recording the famous Soprano Joyce De Donato around Europe at the moment. He is picking up a freelance gig. The renowned German/American organist Wolfgang Ruebsam will also be joining us. He now makes his home in the Twin Cities.

It occurs to me, that those without the ability to connect a computer to your rig, may have difficulty playing the link.

There is an MPR app for mobiles. If you download this on your mobile device then you can stream to your rig using this app on you mobile device.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Making a recording of it to play it back on my system. I expect it will sound good over here!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Funny, I was thinking about looking for pipe organ music today. Bookmarked to check out later. I'll need to install a web browser on the Shield TV and see if it will stream.

I did go back and try the Berlin Philharmonic app using the settings gear to turn on ATMOS. Fortunately ATMOS is included on the demo tracks as well. It worked nicely but I really need to ditch the cheap surround speakers and try the True Minis from Dennis. The Cantons I have are ok for TV viewing but any surround music brings out their flaws.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I highly recommend this concert to members. It has lot of great music that you will enjoy and really test your systems literally from top to bottom
Listen to the 40th. Pipedreams Anniversary Concert Here.

Pipedreams has been aired weekly for 40 years. It has been hosted by longtime MPR host Michael Barone, himself an organist.

One Sunday last September we made our way, including yours truly, to the Twin Cities North Metro to the Auditorium of Bethel college, which houses a magnificent organ. Michael put together an outstanding program, featuring Twin Cities organists. Each piece played by a different soloist and he played one of the solo parts. All works were for organ and orchestra.
The orchestra was put together and conducted by Bill Eddins, conductor Laureate of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, and now a Twin Cities resident.

The orchestra illustrates the depth of the musical talent in the Minnesota. Both the Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra had concerts that weekend and so none of their players were available. Nevertheless, Bill Eddins was able to assemble a large ad hoc orchestra, that played superbly and never put a foot wrong.

The program starts with one of my favorites, the Toccata Festiva by Samuel Barber. This got the concert off to a blazing start.

A lot of this music is loud, especially the first item on the program. So turn up the volume and let your systems really go! You will need robust subs.

Michael Barone will be here to listen to this concert in my room here. We are just waiting for one of the recording engineers to get back from Europe. He is recording the famous Soprano Joyce De Donato around Europe at the moment. He is picking up a freelance gig. The renowned German/American organist Wolfgang Ruebsam will also be joining us. He now makes his home in the Twin Cities.

It occurs to me, that those without the ability to connect a computer to your rig, may have difficulty playing the link.

There is an MPR app for mobiles. If you download this on your mobile device then you can stream to your rig using this app on you mobile device.
i imagine my system with the two large subs in it would be suited for this rather than the others ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis