Grayscale Calibration,Critical,But Often Forgotten

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>By now everyone is familiar with &quot;chroma bug&quot; and how it may or may not affect picture quality depending on how badly the DVD player produces it and/or how it will show up on your high resolution Display. However, rarely any online publication or magazine discusses the importance of Gray Scale Calibration of Displays and the vital role it plays for accurate picture reproduction. Our forthcoming reviews of Displays will be critically focusing on this topic with measurements that show Luminance performance curves and contrast ratios. &nbsp;In addition to the calibration verification of Displays, Audioholic's will be comparatively measuring and verifying the contrast ratio's and grayscale accuracy of DVD Players to quantify picture dynamics and ensure the latest hardware lives up to its price. &nbsp;We also intend to help the user become more aware of the importance of these metrics in order to get the most out of their video systems.
Grayscale Calibration</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#736AFF'>I agree with you, Gene, but I don't think my DLP FPTV has any provision to tweak the greyscale.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>How long after purchasing a RPTV do you have to do an ISF Calibration?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis