Got this thing for free

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Any chance you could model the IDMAX @panteragstk ?
So I played around with it and in a sealed 1.5cu ft enclosure you could give it 500w and it shouldn't get to excursion limits. It would be capable of 90db @ 10hz and increase from there.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So my plan to use this near-field instead of having 2 more 12" subs in rear corners was thwarted by REWs room simulator. Apparently I'll have a room mode at 40hz (knew that) but this placement with two 12" in the front corners and this 15" directly behind me would cause a huge dip from 48hz to 70hz or so.

So I went with the original plan to put one 12" in each corner and my response flattened significantly. This is what I'll end up doing. The 15 can go in my office.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So my plan to use this near-field instead of having 2 more 12" subs in rear corners was thwarted by REWs room simulator. Apparently I'll have a room mode at 40hz (knew that) but this placement with two 12" in the front corners and this 15" directly behind me would cause a huge dip from 48hz to 70hz or so.

So I went with the original plan to put one 12" in each corner and my response flattened significantly. This is what I'll end up doing. The 15 can go in my office.

A room simulator! I saw that in REW, but didn't explore it at all. I'm very curious tho. Do you take a bunch of physical measurements of your room and enter the data on rew?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
A room simulator! I saw that in REW, but didn't explore it at all. I'm very curious tho. Do you take a bunch of physical measurements of your room and enter the data on rew?
Pretty much. I just measured each wall then the ceiling. My room is sealed so it's pretty easy. For you, not as much. I'd just measure what you consider the listening area and not check the sealed box.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So I played around with it and in a sealed 1.5cu ft enclosure you could give it 500w and it shouldn't get to excursion limits. It would be capable of 90db @ 10hz and increase from there.
Damn, that's not bad at all. I may have to get a plate amp and give it a shot... I'm pretty sure it is already in a 1.5 to 2.0 cu ft sealed box.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis