Goldmund 3N Subwoofer Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I've been thinking of doing a brief overview of what you might call an "exotic" brand/product and O believe the Logos 3N Subwoofer from Goldmund fits the bill just fine. Take a look at this unit.
goldmund_picture_1352890935.jpg

According to the company, the Logos 3N includes Goldmund’s revolutionary technology developed for the Logos 3 and Epilogue 3S and it has been designed for Home Theater systems as it is rated to extend down to 10Hz but with the full extension of the LFE channels in a linear way up to 150 Hz. It produces a single side radiation which they say allows it to be used in any position close to the listener. The 3N contains a 12-inch active driver and a 12-inch radiator. The amp on-board pumps 400 watts of power and it is electronically protected against overdriving - which is always a good thing. As for ease of installation, the 3N features daisy-chaining to distribute several units around the users. Not bad!

Take a look at the following specifications and let me know what you think!

SPECIFICATIONS:
The Logos 3N is fully constructed in metal with implementation of the mechanical grounding system to evacuate vibrations.

BACK PANEL CONTROLS
  • Digital input
  • Digital output
  • ON/OFF switch
  • Orange locking led
FREQUENCY BANDWIDTH
  • 10 Hz - 125 Hz (-10dB)
SPEAKER SYSTEM BEHAVIOR
  • Acoustic Filter System
DRIVERS
  • 30cm (12") active driver and 30cm (12") passive radiator used to increase the low frequency response and selected for their high linearity and dynamics.
AMPLIFIER
  • Built-In 150 W Telos Amplifier
  • Amplifier dynamic Range: > 100 dB (no weighting)
VOLTAGE
  • Nominal range: 117V or 234V (+/-10%)
  • Internal Fuses: 8A slow-blow type for 110V & 220V
SIZE AND WEIGHT
  • 37 W x 37 H x 48 D (cm) - 45 kg.
WARRANTY
  • 3 years parts and labor.
ATTENTION: the warranty will not cover any factory change without the approval of an official Goldmund representative.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think It's smart that you didn't include the price. The specs look similar, yet inferior to new elac debut 12" sub and i also get the feeling that goldmuncher costs much more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis