Gold Sound Speaker Kits

T

terry duty

Audiophyte
Also any other wide dispirtion, hi efecincy kits you would recomend. The JBL' drivers can do 100 degree l and horizontal at the same level as on axis. so anywhere you sit or stand in the home theater orening room will render good imagining is the main reason I was looking at them. And Ampex who tested thtat was buit for them said it was the most accurate studio monitor they had ever measured. Ampex now therei a blast from the past in high end recording equipment sand home rreel toreel unites. My dad had oethat i used a lot when I was growing up.

T

terry duty

Audiophyte
Also if any of you have kits thaatyou would reccomend that would fit the bill woud fit the bill of ultra wide and even vertical and horizontal dispirtion with high effecency and high power handleing capabilities that are equal or close to JBL that maybe cheaper? The kit 11 is $2200 apair not counting cabinet cost.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Can't comment on the JBL kit because I've never heard it. I have built the Fusion - 12 Tempest from diysoundgroup though. Here is a link with information about the SEOS Project which pretty much describes what you are looking for. I'm quite fond of the speakers I built, for less than half of what you quoted in the OP.

There is several different models of this design along with a lot of reviews.

T

terry duty

Audiophyte
Can't comment on the JBL kit because I've never heard it. I have built the Fusion - 12 Tempest from diysoundgroup though. Here is a link with information about the SEOS Project which pretty much describes what you are looking for. I'm quite fond of the speakers I built, for less than half of what you quoted in the OP.

Thsnk you very much. NICE PRICES.

Thank you very much. I like the pricing. Much more affordable.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I have been thinking of building my own pair of "DJ" speakers for random requirements. I have had the option of purchasing an older set of cerwins but can't seem to make up my mind. I would like a second(third, fourth, fifth, ...)opinion. The speaker requirements aren't particularly stringent, I'm just looking for a more broadcast speaker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have been thinking of building my own pair of "DJ" speakers for random requirements. I have had the option of purchasing an older set of cerwins but can't seem to make up my mind. I would like a second(third, fourth, fifth, ...)opinion. The speaker requirements aren't particularly stringent, I'm just looking for a more broadcast speaker.
Not really sure what you mean by DJ speakers but you should really start your own thread rather than hijack this one....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis