Glitched AV Receiver Remote Problem

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
So I have an issue my a Yamaha rx v2095 remote that when I leave it alone for a while and come back the red light on it will stay on and flicker and I have gone threw today and cleaned the whole remote with electrical contact cleaner and cleaned every possible thing on the remote with it and it still has had this problem and it is in mint condition never has anything been dropped or dumped on and can't figure out why it does this but it always does this only when I leave it alone when i'm in the room it never does it because i'm using the receiver but no buttons stick they all push very easy and smooth like it was new. All the solder joints on it was all ok.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Contact the place you bought it from and see if they'll replace it. Otherwise, universal or phone app.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Contact the place you bought it from and see if they'll replace it. Otherwise, universal or phone app.
They won't replace it I got the whole receiver and remote from ebay 5 years ago and within the last 1 year the remote just has had this problem ever since.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
So I have an issue my a Yamaha rx v2095 remote that when I leave it alone for a while and come back the red light on it will stay on and flicker and I have gone threw today and cleaned the whole remote with electrical contact cleaner and cleaned every possible thing on the remote with it and it still has had this problem and it is in mint condition never has anything been dropped or dumped on and can't figure out why it does this but it always does this only when I leave it alone when i'm in the room it never does it because i'm using the receiver but no buttons stick they all push very easy and smooth like it was new. All the solder joints on it was all ok.
Here is 1 from E-Bagger for $18.95 including shipping..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Yamaha-RAV11-V269000-Audio-Video-Receiver-Remote-Control-for-RX-V2095-/322194869202?hash=item4b044f8bd2:g:rPMAAOSwNuxXYzv6

Just my $0.02... ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I'd usually go with a used one if you can find it, but a universal can be very useful for other devices.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis