GKRook again- turntable issues Part 2.

G

GKROOK

Audiophyte
GKRook again- turntable issues Part 2.

Continued from Part 1
Another challenge is setting the tone arm height correctly. I discovered the tone arm was completely loose which explained why when I queued the TA to play the record, I could tell it partially engaged and was too close to the record before I let the tone arm down. It still sounded pretty good on some records but not others. TA height is controlled by loosening a very small hex nut and moving the TA up or down. The spec for the tone arm height is 20mm for my current cartridge. I’m assuming that is from the top of the platter (or record?) to the bottom of the tone arm. Is that correct? How important do you think setting the VTA is? Most of what I read was tone arm should just be set parallel to the platter and not worry about the actual angle. I did buy an inexpensive VTA gauge but there were no instructions, and I am not sure how it is used. Thoughts? Anybody know any tricks there?
Thanks for reading this and sharing your wisdom.

System: Denon X3800H, Philharmonic HT towers, Philharmonic HT Center Channel, Philharmonic True Mini Monitors (rear), Klipsch R-40-SA (height), SVS SB2000 (subwoofer), Systemdek IIx with Profile II tone arm and AT95E cart, 77" LG C3.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis