GIK Acoustics 244 Panels and Customer Service

S

Sarius

Junior Audioholic
I ordered two of the 244 panels last week and received them today. There was a minor problem with the order so I called Glenn and he immediately made it right at no cost to me. That guy has a customer oriented can-do attitude that is a pleasure to see in this day and age.

The quality of the panel was first class, and I might mention that the Celedon green looks very sharp in person.

I had been using 2x4 panels made from the 2" pyramid acoustic foam at what I call the primary first reflection point- the direct reflection point from the speaker nearest to that wall. I replaced them with the 244 panels and moved the pyramid panels to the secondary (from the far speaker) reflection point. Anyhow, the difference was notable- the sound just was cleaner and tighter, especially things like cymbals, plus noticeably more detail in voices as well as detail in all instruments. Dramatic enough that I wasn't scratching my head wondering if I was really hearing something.

Anyhow, I'm a happy customer and would recommend this as a significant upgrade to anyone looking for better sound. I'd suggest that several hundred dollars spent on acoustic upgrades would be easily the equal of several thousand dollars spent on upgrading speakers or electronics in terms of getting you a better sounding system.

Glenn Kuras

Glenn Kuras

Full Audioholic
you rock sir and sorry about not sending the extra fabric along. Please let me know if you have any questions or anything at all I can help you with. BTW I got the pictures of your room and the employees love them.. They really like seeing the work that they do all day long.. I would be nothing without those guys!

Glenn

V

Vaughan Odendaa

Senior Audioholic
Saruis, please post pictures. :) What colour panels did you buy ? And if you could just explain what kind of improvements you got in bass quality, it would be much appreciated.

Glenn, please email pictures to snuggles_1@alumnidirector.com. :D Thank you.

PS our last email exchange on shipping, would it be possible to email it to me with my new email address above ? Because I am unable to use my MSN email account.)

Thanks again.

--Sincerely,

S

Sarius

Junior Audioholic
Sorry, I'm not currently with a picture hosting service. Glenn, if you could post the 'Music Room 1" shot I sent, I'd be happy to comment on it, especially the Sonic Salmon™.

When the Sonic Salmon™ is placed on the sub the bass is tightened until you can hear exactly where the stick hits the drum to within .153" (as proven by Intelligently Designed Scientific Tests as Conducted by Scientists), 17 dark veils are stripped away from the music, and a Choir of Heavenly Angels takes up residence in the tweeters and midrange drivers. Without exaggeration I can say that for $750 it improves the sound fully as much as upgrading to $2,800 speaker cables would have! The the Sonic Salmon™ simply leaps over any similar tweak.... but I digress....;)

Now with the Salmon in the loop, hard to tease out the effects of the panels, but tease I will. The panel's effect seems to be the greatest from the midrange on up and seems to solidify the soundstage as well as make the imaging more precise. There is more of a sense of the speakers "disappearing" and being there with the performers. The GIK panels (in green, BTW) are at the primary reflection points so I wouldn't expect much of an effect on the bass. I would assume they'd do more if placed across the room corners.

If Glenn can post the picture you'll notice a nice Chinese screen in the corner behind the speakers and sub. Behind it are four foam corner traps. There is a standing asian paper screen in the other corner that hides two more. While not as efficient as a tube trap, the entire corner treatment cost about half of what a single tube would have and gives me more flexibility in positioning. Here is a link to the absorption numbers. The corner wedge in that page seems identical to the one PE sells.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Sarius, you can just use a free image hosting site like ImageShack or Photobucket.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sarius said:
Sorry, I'm not currently with a picture hosting service.
Sarius,
You dont need a hosting service to post pics in this forum. This site in itself functions as a hosting service:) You can upload pictures directly from your computer.

S

Sarius

Junior Audioholic
Buckeye_Nut said:
Sarius,
You dont need a hosting service to post pics in this forum. This site in itself functions as a hosting service:) You can upload pictures directly from your computer.
... let's give it a try. .. OK, it's 'attached', so I'll go ahead and submit and you-all can see the Sonic Salmon™ the bringer of audio nirvana.

Ah Ha! Thanks!!! I had just attempted to use the 'attach image' and overlooked the 'attachments' icon.

Well... this is my work in progress as you can see. Low on the WAF, but sounding pretty good.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis