Getting Somethings Back Little By Little After...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ok here goes I'm going to try to get some of my things back after the storm. I'm looking for New, Used and Refurbished in the near future, so I need your help guys:
AV Receiver 7.2 with Phono
5 CD Changer(saw a TEAC PD-D2610 on assesories4less) Scratch that J garcia hooked me up. Thanks so much man. :)
BD Player zieglj01 is hooking me up. darn you guys are so darn nice. Thanks so much.
Tape Deck
Mindisc deck/HI-MD
HDTV(Panasonic ST30/GT30)
Speakers(Although I may re-buy the Pioneers that were ruined.)

I'm thinking my budget will be $1,000 and maybe 1,200(TV not included of course) in a month or 2. I won't be able to get these now, but It would be nice to see what I can get. The sub is not a priority right now either. You can reference what I had in my sig. So basically planning ahead. Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a Sony ES 5 disc changer with your name on it. We can work out shipping details when ready. It has very low hours and has been packed up in my closet for 2 years; original box manual and remote.

My Marantz CD changer died so the shop exchanged this one for it and I actually liked this one better. By the time the shop had gotten around to swapping it once they found they could not repair the Marantz, I had already bought another player (another Sony actually, a SACD player that I still use), so this one went into the bedroom and saw very little use.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for your kindness JG & Z It means alot.:eek::) Any suggestions guys?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just sold my tape deck a few weeks ago unfortunately.

My dad has a nice mini-disc player, but I doubt he will let me snag that from him :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It would take a couple months, but I could put together a kit for you.

Sealed would be the simplest.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Would my current receiver work for you? I'd be willing to upgrade and give you mine.

It's not amazing on the software side, but it's been reliable.
You'd only have one sub pre-amp out, but splitting shouldn't be a problem.
You'd have pre-amp outs for everything else.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Would my current receiver work for you? I'd be willing to upgrade and give you mine.

It's not amazing on the software side, but it's been reliable.
You'd only have one sub pre-amp out, but splitting shouldn't be a problem.
You'd have pre-amp outs for everything else.
Afterlife2 my H/K AVR340 that I offered you won't have HDMI and is only rated 5 w/ch more. The 340 is 7.1 and doesn't have a phono input. Not sure about the 247. I haven't had a chance to get up to storage to get the box yet - we're remodeling and have run into snafus with incorrect windows and a failed inspection.

Let us know if you'd like lsiberian's 247 or my 340.

Take Care,
Jonathan

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an Ortofon OM10 cartridge with low mileage on it that I can give you. Everything else I own is being used. Sorry I cannot be more help. :(

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Ok here goes I'm going to try to get some of my things back after the storm.
I live in the NW corner of Jersey, and based upon what happened here I assume you live somewhere close. Where are you at? You can PM if you'd rather not make the information public. I'm not stalking you, just looking for the town is all. We might be close.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
See what I can do

Hey Joe,
I'll see what else I can scrape up here, you could probably use some cables and ancillary stuff. Are you still at the same address that I have.
Cheers Jeff :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I live in the NW corner of Jersey, and based upon what happened here I assume you live somewhere close. Where are you at? You can PM if you'd rather not make the information public. I'm not stalking you, just looking for the town is all. We might be close.
Hi Jman! I'm from Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Hi Jman! I'm from Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn.
You're a good 100 miles from where I am, so it's not as close as I thought.

I saw some pictures of your area and places like Rockaway. It's pretty clear you got hit harder then we did. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.

I wish I had something to contribute, but the only thing on your list is my Sherwood R-904n receiver. Unfortunately it has a thermal issue and will shut down after about 15-20 minutes unless you keep a little fan aimed at it, so I'm not sure that's something of value to you.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Wish I could help, but I have to nothing to offer but my best wishes that you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.

I will say think about your last system, and put those thoughts of "I should have done this or bought that" into play and build the system you wanted the first time.

Good luck Joe!

Barry

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'd contribute anything extra I had, but I don't think I have anything you'd want. You can PM if you're interested and I'll look around. Cheers.

Alex

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
I have a set of EMP-41 with the aluminum driver that are unopened. I had plans for these, but ended up going a different route. I'd be happy to ship these to you if you're interested. Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to offer at this point.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You'd need a phono preamp to use the AVR 247. If your primary listening is turntable based it may not be the best option. It's a home theater oriented product. But it does have pre-outs.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey Joe,
I'll see what else I can scrape up here, you could probably use some cables and ancillary stuff. Are you still at the same address that I have.
Cheers Jeff :)
Joe, package sent today, I'll PM you with tracking, it's a surprise grab bag of goodies I hope you will enjoy.;) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and to all of my fellow friends here at AH:):):)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man all the love is overwhelming Thank you so much.:eek: It really means alot to me guys. I am so awestruck by all the kindness you have all shown me. All the PM's I received with all the kind words got me crying like a baby. I am so grateful. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis