M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
So my plan has been to take my usual vacation around Thanksgiving but stay in town this year, buy an LCD TV, and spend the week setting it up and calibrating it as best I can.

The time is fast approaching...

A&B TV here was selling the Toshiba 52LX177 for $3K but now the plot thickens. Crutchfield currently has it listed for $3200 which will actually be about $150 cheaper than buying locally due to taxes and cost of delivery.

My AV Stand still hasn't arrived but I presume it should be done in the next week or so (it's been 5 weeks already). I may end up going with Crutchfield for peace of mind with potential return issues. A&B has a low price and it may be lower yet when I go this weekend to check it out again but I don't get a feel good feeling dealing with them because they won't even let you have the remote to test drive the TV. That and the salesman told me 'you wouldn't want to change the default brightness and contrast'. Even a novice knows that TVs are shipped in torch mode and the first thing you should do is a basic calibration of contrast and brightness.

Anyway, just nervous with anticipation and hope that I get a good set with no defects.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It sounds like you have planned this out pretty well, as I assume most of your A/V purchases are well thought out and planned. You should do quite well.:)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Nice TV. As a 3 time Toshiba owner I think you made a great choice.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Nice TV. As a 3 time Toshiba owner I think you made a great choice.
Sounds like I need to get off the pot and pick up that 37" being sold at Costco then:D

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The furniture store called today and my new AV Stand is ready for delivery. I could conceivably order the new TV next week and have it around Thanskgiving as planned.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
MDS, Onecall.com has the 52LX177 for $3000 with free shipping. Just thought I'd let you know. They've got a good reputation, and it could save you some coin.

EDIT: Also, if you're not set on the Toshiba, Onecall.com has two other 52" LCDs on sale (Sharp and Samsung) this weekend. Just check out their weekend sale. In addition, in theory you could get the Onkyo 805 for $720 if you buy any of those TVs through Onecall because the 805 is on sale this weekend, and there is supposed to be 10% off audio equipment when you buy an HDTV. The 10% discount didn't ring up in my cart when I tried it, but they might honor it if you call.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis