Getting a new setup and need help

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I could maybe save for this but the rest are way out of my price range unfortunately. Id love to have an SVS sub though.
Buy 2 surrounds instead of 4 -- get the sub -- add the other 2 surrounds later

J

Jman3845

Enthusiast
Buy 2 surrounds instead of 4 -- get the sub -- add the other 2 surrounds later
I havent bought the other 2 yet and dont necessarily need them yet so maybe ill save the money and use it towards the sub for now. For the other two i might just buy the s15 instead of another pair of the s20. And thatll add a little savings as 4 s20 might be overkill for my setup although i dont think you can ever have enough lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Sony will work fine, but it lacks a bit, particularly compared to Yamaha/Denon/Marantz, and that's auto setup/room correction (YPAO in Yamaha, Audyssey in Denon/Marantz, Sony's DCAC isn't as well regarded) as well as network connectivity (it does have NFC and bluetooth builtin but not wifi). I'd look at the Denon X1100 and Yamaha V579 at accessories4less for example for $300. Those are refurbs with lesser warranty and no store to return it to if something goes awry on the other hand, so there are tradeoffs.

Your budget is a bit slim for the better subs but think I'd rather have two Sub-1200's rather than the Polk or ML subs for $300.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis