Genesis Maestro Floorstanding Speakers Preview

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I know more than a fee of us would click a "30,000/pair" thread just to see what they are. I look up and read about stupid expensive speakers. Reading about and trying to understand just.. why, how can they cost this much? :p

Wilson Audio...

alexandria-xlf-625x530.jpg

Quarter mil. I think they're... not pretty.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think I know more than a fee of us would click a "30,000/pair" thread just to see what they are. I look up and read about stupid expensive speakers. Reading about and trying to understand just.. why, how can they cost this much? :p

Wilson Audio...

View attachment 20549

The listening position in that picture looks waaay too close for the design of that speaker. But I guess it doesn't matter since, if you look close, the speakers are not connected to any amplifier.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Wilson Audio...

View attachment 20549

I wouldn't mind owning some Wilson speakers, but those are NOT beautiful. They actually remind me of an arcade in the 80's. Or these guys...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I know more than a fee of us would click a "30,000/pair" thread just to see what they are. I look up and read about stupid expensive speakers. Reading about and trying to understand just.. why, how can they cost this much?

Wilson Audio...

View attachment 20549

I don't know about 1/4 mil, but Wilson's maxx I've heard few years back at the dealer were about 100k and I can't say that I liked their sound. In fact i preferred "only" 25k watt puppies.
If i could only one speaker pair for free, I'd rather get Salk's ss8

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Wilson Audio...

View attachment 20549

Dude, they match the million dollar house/furnishings (the pillow)! Personally I think they're fugly and I've read several times how some experienced audio people don't think they sound all that great....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know about 1/4 mil, but Wilson's maxx I've heard few years back at the dealer were about 100k and I can't say that I liked their sound. In fact i preferred "only" 25k watt puppies.
If i could only one speaker pair for free, I'd rather get Salk's ss8

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
You're probably right and I was a little off. I got that number from a review I'd read a while back. I just googled "most expensive speakers" and those popped up with a few others.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dude, they match the million dollar house/furnishings (the pillow)! Personally I think they're fugly and I've read several times how some experienced audio people don't think they sound all that great....
I didn't even notice that.

They are ugly. I believe I can do better for 200k...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There are more expensive speakers than those. Keep googling!

B

Brian H.

Enthusiast
Hey guys, just my 2 cents worth on this,but, Gene is right on about these speakers. I have personally listened to them & they sound absolutely fantastic. He is also right about the long haul enjoyment of them, as compared to the car. However, for roughly half the price, you can get a pair of JBL ARRAY 1400 & they sound every bit as good as the Genesis. I know, because I have two pairs, & could not be happier.Let the comments begin lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis