Games Prove Content is King

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Content is king. Always has been and always will be. Many will argue that games have little or nothing to do with the music industry. Indeed both are about as far apart as you can get in terms of industry and development. However, it's important to point out some things that have been prominent in the news lately and have signaled to me the real problem that faces the music industry - and a possible solution, if the industry will raise up off its laurels and get to work.

Discuss "Games Prove Content is King" here. Read the article.

ricocetj

ricocetj

Junior Audioholic
Nice article, Clint. It truely is amazing how ponderous and slow moving the music industry is.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
That's a fairly concise article, Clint.

While the dinosaurs in the recording industry lumber in stagnation, maybe they could spare an iota of brain capacity to wonder what happened to all the other dinosaurs that didn't change with the times!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I think you're on to something with the statement:

"As a result music is oversaturated to the point of being perceived as having no value."

I've often felt that music's value is less and less. Like so many things it's tied to technology. As tech goes up music becomes more and more easily consumable, more abundant and more portable. I can't imagine the term "background music" even existed 100 years ago before the phonograph.

Music has lost a certain type of monetary value but in a way it only means more people can't live without it.

Very well thought out article.

Wayde

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
New artists have little incentive, with distribution not being the obstacle it once was, to have to deal with all the b.s. So independent labels seem the way of the future and maybe just maybe these are the kinds of labels that will become more innovative and start changing the paradigms we've all seen for so long.

While I know the efforts have only just been "tried" dual discs etc. I don't see some fancy new CD flavor saving the day.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis