Gallo 3.5***Goldenear Triton 2***Acoustic Zen Adagio

I

iredvette

Audiophyte
Need a little help guys. I would love to buy one of these 3 spakers, but I can only listen to two of them. I have auditioned the Goldenears and will audition the Gallo 3.5 when I go to TN. to visit my daughter. I live in GA. so thats not to far. The only pair I can't audition is the Acoustic Zen. All speakers are close to the same price. Any opinion's or ideas would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
A

audiocritical

Audiophyte
I have done direct lengthy listening comparisons between the Gallo 3.5 and the Triton 2. I own the Gallo Ref 3.0, NHT 3.3, Magnepan 1.7 and Magnepan 3.7 to name a few that are currently in use in various audio rooms in my house. The Gallo, with the sub amp, smoked the Triton 2 in every aspect. It actually had more impact, far better imaging in both the lateral plane and depth. Image specificity was incredible and it has a dispersion pattern that is reminiscent of the MBLs. I think the Maggie 3.7 and the Gallo 3.5 are the two best speakers that I own, although I find myself listening to the Gallo's for anything other than classical where I prefer the Maggie 3.7.

I have found that listeners generally are amazed at the dynamics of the Gallos and can't believe that the amazing sound is being reproduced by such small speakers, especially if they have just come from the Maggie room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis