FUNK AUDIO DIY DRIVERS

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yes that's right. If you haven't heard by now Funk audio will be releasing drivers for the DIY community so I'll finally be able to get my hands on that TSAD driver in 18" or 21".
With those, you'll be getting close to building your own set of Dominator DMX10s.

Check it out my man, 30" of thigh slappin', blood pumpin', nuclear brain damage.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
With those, you'll be getting close to building your own set of Dominator DMX10s.

Check it out my man, 30" of thigh slappin', blood pumpin', nuclear brain damage.

I'll just be happy that I might be able to actually lift up a sub for the first time in a long while. The 18" TSAD is only 26lbs vs the LMS Ultra at like 90lbs and the UXL at close to 50lbs.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'll just be happy that I might be able to actually lift up a sub for the first time in a long while. The 18" TSAD is only 26lbs vs the LMS Ultra at like 90lbs and the UXL at close to 50lbs.
Most weight lifters pump iron. You pump ferrite :D.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
$800 shipping included with CONUS.

TSAD21V1 with carbon fiber cone.

T/S Parameters
Fs; 24.57Hz
Re; 4.1ohms(dual coils in series)
Qms; 4.7
Qes; 0.56
Qts; 0.500
Sd; 1550 cm2
Vas; 325L
Le; 1.7 mH
Mms; 460g
Bl; 23 Tm
Xmax; 25mm
Xmech; 38mm

Physical information;
Weight; 26lbs
Overall diameter 21 5/16”
Cutout; 19 3/8”
Flange thickness; 3/8”
Depth from mounting surface; 10”

Features;
Cast aluminum basket
Carbon Fiber cone
Aluminum dustcap
10” diameter spider
High excursion half roll surround
Under spider venting
Large low turbulence pole vent
Neodymium magnet
4.5” voice coil
Dual symmetrical aluminum shorting rings

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Have you heard that thing before?
Sort of. I've heard Steve's Funk Sub and man that thing is sweet. His might be a TSAD v2 though. Either way, they are amazing drivers. I've been itching to get my hands on one forever. There is an 18" version as well available, but I'm not about that 18" life anymore. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nah, "just" the V1.
Well then I'm pretty psyched I can get a similar driver because I definitely liked yours. My back will like it too. Although I am experimenting with casters on the new sub so maybe that will be the new go to.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well then I'm pretty psyched I can get a similar driver because I definitely liked yours. My back will like it too. Although I am experimenting with casters on the new sub so maybe that will be the new go to.
Better get locking casters for a sub like that! Hope you don't have any small pets that may get bulldozed.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Better get locking casters for a sub like that! Hope you don't have any small pets that may get bulldozed.
Lol, nope. No animals in our rental. They are definitely locking. Rated at 250lbs per caster so they should handle the weight as well :D

Given my power restrictions I doubt it will be bouncing anywhere, but then again I got the other UXL sub to shimmy a bit. I can honestly say that having the LMS Ultras by themselves is probably more than enough sub for the space, especially without another sub amp drawing power on that circuit, but where's the fun in that?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I can honestly say that having the LMS Ultras by themselves is probably more than enough sub for the space, especially without another sub amp drawing power on that circuit, but where's the fun in that?
More money for booze :p

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I used to not drink but then I realized how delicious beer was :D

I do love food as well of course :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis