Funk Audio 18.0 Sealed Subwoofer Review

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed. It is a fabulous sub for sure. It's not for everyone, just like any other components.

So if you were a billionaire, you would get a bunch of these Sub2? :D

If I were a billionaire, I would get seven Funk 18.2 passive subs in piano black high gloss. That's right - passive I so I can power them with Krell amps. :D :D

Then I would get 7 Funk HE monitors and place each atop the 7 Funk subs. :D
If I were a multi millionaire, I'm sure I would go deaf!! :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed. It is a fabulous sub for sure. It's not for everyone, just like any other components.

So if you were a billionaire, you would get a bunch of these Sub2? :D

If I were a billionaire, I would get seven Funk 18.2 passive subs in piano black high gloss. That's right - passive I so I can power them with Krell amps. :D :D

Then I would get 7 Funk HE monitors and place each atop the 7 Funk subs. :D
If you were a billionaire you would have that new house built for the little women and a new sound and HT room for you :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If you're a billionaire you would buy Funk Audio and have them hire architects to build a house around their state of the art custom subs :D

Probably would give you flat in-room response from 5Hz to 100Khz, you need that wide bandwidth to minimize group delay within the audible passband :p
(NB NB NB - THIS IS IMHO ONLY - DON'T START THIS DISCUSSION GUYS)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
FYI, looks like Funk is offering a lower cost variant of the 18.0 in a simpler 20" x20" x 20" cabinet with rounded corners. Price is $2,550, which is a pretty substantial discount.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
FYI, looks like Funk is offering a lower cost variant of the 18.0 in a simpler 20" x20" x 20" cabinet with rounded corners. Price is $2,550, which is a pretty substantial discount.
They actually look pretty nice, not quite as nice as the curved cabinet, but pretty sexy nonetheless. Here are some pictures.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis