FS: Wharfedale Jade 7 towers, C2 center, and SR surrounds - immaculate condition and low hours

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Hi folks, per the thread title, I have Wharfedale's top of the line range speakers and the best of the series for sale (1 PAIR of Jade 7 towers, 1 C2 center, and 1 PAIR of SR surrounds - 5 speakers in total). They are finished in a gorgeous Rosewood real wood veneer. They were purchased brand new from an authorized distributor in mid-2013. The speakers are in immaculate and pristine condition, with very low hours and use. They are located in an adult-only household (just my wife and myself - NO children around), NO smoking, NO pets. In fact, they are placed in an enclosed 11 x 14 den. They are awesome speakers, with outstanding bass response, clarity, and sound stage. The only reason for the sale is that I looking into switching directions with my set-up. The speakers are in superb shape, and in like brand new condition. I am looking for just $3,900 for the entire 5-speaker set-up (they retail brand new for $6,700), not including shipping, if necessary. I would prefer local pick-up in Central California, but would gladly prepare/box them for shipping. The buyer is responsible for arranging for shipping and insurance. I have all of the original boxes, manuals, and accessories (basically everything that came with the speakers). If interested, please PM me for pictures and additional details. Serious inquiries only please. No trade or low-ball offers. Outright sale only. Thank you.

PS: I attempted to attach/post pictures, however, the system is telling me that they are too large to attach. The pictures are only around 3 MB each, so not that large at all.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You can resize the pictures and try again? Good luck selling.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
You can resize the pictures and try again? Good luck selling.
Thank you for the reply. I attempted that to no avail. Alternatively, I posted the pictures on another audio/video Forum, and it resized the images automatically. If anyone expresses interest, I can either send them that link, or better yet, email them all of the pictures.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
All PM'S answered. Please provide email addresses for easier and quicker communications. These are gorgeous and crisp/clear sounding speakers. The Rosewood is stunning. They are extremely solidly built as well. Each tower weighs in at 80 pounds.

Last edited:
A

addictaudio

Audioholic
I have a question for all you experts. I listed this thread on the AVS Forums as well. am not a member of any other Forums though. Where else can I list this ad for more exposure? I placed an ad on Craigslist as well. Does Audiogon work? It is quite costly to place an ad there though. Any productive input is welcomed. Thank you.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Ebay is going to be your best bet, try c-list also...

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Price reduced to $3,700 for the entire set-up. 45% off of retail for basically like-new speakers with very little use. This is an outstanding deal. Thank you.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If I may, few suggestions:
1) First of all. If the site doesn't allow uploading photos, you could upload them to photobucket and post links.

2) Sorry, but your photos are not that good to say the least... . If I was trying to get such expensive speakers, I'd borrow better camera or at least maximize the light to minimize (currently TONS) of noise in photos.

3) you say it's Rosewood finish, but UK site shows only close option to be Burgundy Burr, and to be honest it's gorgeous up-close, and if indeed this finish is same as your speakers, your photos don't do justice at all.

4) you probably should also post it in http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/ and http://forum.polkaudio.com/, http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php and probably few others as well.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
^^^ Thank you for the sound advice sir. The system is in an enclosed small den. If I may ask though, did you see my ad listed elsewhere? The reason I ask, is because you mentioned the poor quality of the pictures, but I was not able to post none to this website. Consequently, I imagine that you viewed pictures on another website? I provided the UK link for the specifications of the speakers, because I noticed some inaccuracies with the US website. The Burgundy Burr is NOT offered in the USA, hence mine are actual Rosewood. I posted on a few other sites as well, but will try to post on some that you just now suggested. Thank you again for the advice. Below is a color sample from the USA Wharfedale website for the Rosewood.

Last edited:
A

addictaudio

Audioholic
I have readjusted the pricing for these now to $3,500.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Thank you for the PM's. I've had interest, but they are still available for the taking. Pricing is now $3300.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Really great price on some very nice speakers. Have you tried selling them on Audiogon? Ebay?

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Really great price on some very nice speakers. Have you tried selling them on Audiogon? Ebay?
Hi Shady, not yet sir. I do not have any experience selling on E-bay. Additionally, if not picked-up locally, I would want the buyer to arrange for shipping arrangements. Should I list them on Audiogon? So far, I have them listed here, Polk Forums, AVS Forums, Craig List, and US Audio Mart. This is definitely a STEAL of a price for these speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For moving hi-fi speakers, audiogon might still be the best place. I don't know how bad the fees are over there though. Ebay might be better, but if it isn't, it is likely the second best place to sell hi-fi gear.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Replied to additional PM's and emails. A lot of interest, but no one has yet pulled the trigger.

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
A lot of commitments, and then last minute "flakes". Selling audio equipment has never been so frustrating for me, and I have sold quite a few items in the past. Pricing now is 3K FIRM for the entire 5-speaker set-up. Buyer pays shipping, if not local. Check shipping rates, PRIOR to committing and possibly wasting both of our times, please. Thank you.

ahblaza

ahblaza

It's hard to believe you still have these at that asking price of 3K, have you been trying to sell them since October?

ahblaza

ahblaza

Really sorry to hear that, I'm selling speakers as well and it's only been a week and I'm getting alarmed they haven't sold yet. GLWS

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis