FS - Integra Research RDC-7 THX Pre-Amp/Processor - $495.00

B

Bill Cummiskey

Audiophyte
Integra Research RDC-7, 7.1-channel THX Surround EXT audio/video preamplifier/processor.

For sale is a gently used Integra 7.1 pre-amp/processor, in very good condition, selling for a very reasonable price of $495.00. I purchased the unit after it was upgraded by Integra, to use in a dedicated 2 channel, hi-fi system in my home. I have never used it for home theater...this is a dedicated, listening only system, that I purchased on a recommendation from an audiophile friend, and was beyond pleased with this processor in the time that I owned it. It has served me well for 5 yrs., and has been rock solid on all fronts, and really sounds outstanding. I powered my tower speakers with (4) NHT A1 amps in a bi-amp mode.

I am in the midst of downsizing, and selling off the more bulkier gear to pair down my A/V possessions. I am replacing it with an Integra DTR7.4, which I bought around the same time, and that too has a great unit, and will now fill the shoes of the RDC-7.

If you are reading this, then you are probably aware of Integra's stature in the audio world, and there are a fair amount of reviews on this unit in particular. Here is one very detailed review: http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/integra-research-rdc-7

I would guess that anyone considering this unit, would be doing so for stereo operation like I have used it, and not home theater use (with the void of HDMI).

The MSRP for this unit when introduced (2003), was $4500.

Here is a link to the owners manual (although original is included):

http://www.manualguru.com/integra/rdc-7-1/users-manual

* Audiophile-Quality Preamp Suitable for Critical Music Listening

* Professional-Grade Video Signal Switching without Picture Quality Degradation

* THX Ultra2 Certified, THX Surround EX 7.1-Channel Decoding

* Apogee Master Clock for High Quality D/A Conversion

* Above Average SNR; Analog 106dB @1V and 100dB @ 0.5V

* Dual differential Burr Brown PCM 1704 DAC's for front channels

* On-The-Fly Speaker Level Adjustments for multi-channel inputs (stored)

* On-The Fly Speaker Level Adjustments for digital inputs (stored)

* 8 Balanced XLR Outputs

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis