FS: Electrohome ECP-4500 CRT Projector & More

J

jagercola

Audioholic Intern
Ok, here is the package:

Electrohome ECP-4500 CRT Projector
Extron RGB 108 Plus
25" 5-BNC Cord

For $375 local pickup in Winston-salem, NC.

Now the details. The ECP-4500 is a crt projector with 7" 07MS 725 lumen tubes. The chassis control is digital wit ha contrast ratio of 15,000. H Scan 15-90 V Scan 45-120. 70mhz RGB bandwidth. HDTV at 1080i requires a horizontal rate of 33.75 Khz and 50 Mhz bandwidth and 720p requires a horizontal rate of 45 Khz with 50 Mhz bandwidth, so it's HDTV ready. Retail price in 1996 was $16,995. This unit came from Nasa and was purchased at a government auction along with many other 4500's. An electrical engineer picked the best one for himself, used the best parts from the other ones, then performed all the mods you can on it. It produces a great picture with true blacks, no rainbows, no screen door. I used to run it via HTPC at 1440x600 with DVDs. I recently calibrated it at 1280x720 and the picture is equal as stunning. HDTV looks amazing and can run at almost any resolution you can think of. I have checked the bulbs with a flashlight and I can see no visible signs of wear so there are thousands and thousands of hours left. It also comes with a electrohome wireless remote (not pictured). The only reason I'm selling I've moved.

Also included in the package is an Extron 108 Plus box that takes a VGA signal from your computer and gives it some juice for a large cable run. It also gives you more control on image placement. The Extron outputs with 5-BNC connectors and I'm including a 25" 5-bnc 75ohm cable to go along with it.

Here are some images of the projector... The current picture looks even better since I re-calibrated.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Example 1
Example 2

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com