FS:Classic set JBL co-ax LE14C's with LX2-1 network, in near perfect cond. (for age)

T

Transducergeek

Enthusiast
James B Lansing vintage classics For Sale: A pair (2) Model LE14C 2 way Co-axial 14 inch speaker systems, with mid/tweeter in center where a dust cap usually lives. (Like some classic Tannoy's or Altec 604's) Gives a very "coherent" tight soundstage. Sold with "Correct" model LX2-1 Dividing networks. With original JBL wires (not shown) These have the famous JBL 4 inch voice coil, for huge power handeling. Net weight of each speaker is about 16 pounds. This pair was likely built in the late 60's, They are beautiful to look at, big AlniCo magnet Assembly's. They have the powerful JBL edgewound 4 inch voice coil. Probably not used and in storage for 5-10-15+? years. Because, when I obtained them, the dividing networks were non-functional. Spider webs on the cabinets. The original 1969 Chicago Condensers' were dry with age, and completely open circuit. Plus the L-pads were noisy and had mostly "dead" spots. I have overhauled them to full operation now, and have tested (at low volume) the pair of speakers. All the tweeters and woofers work, but due to age the original yellow surrounds have hardened and are rather stiff, with some small cracks forming. They will play, but I am concerned that at high level will start to crack more. Some collectors prefer all original speaker units, so, I will sell them as-is, unless a buyer specifies and pays a surcharge for the re-surround work. I have the cabinets they were used in, they are not anything special, not JBL, they were made by Auratone, and are Reflex design. a little chipped up, but if the buyer wants them, they are free. I assume these rare JBL speakers are the "value" here, and not the cabinets. I will entertain offers, but to start, I would like to see about $350/pair. What do you say? Could make for a good project for build in wall? Or your own custom cabinet design, they will keep their value due to rarity and quality. I will put them on ebay if they don't move here first. I thank you for reading/looking.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis