FS: Boston Acoustics VRX Surrounds

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Up for sale is a pair of Boston Acoustics VRX surround speakers in the dark cherry finish. These have been in my dedicated home theater for the past year and have performed wonderfully. They are in excellent condition, have been well maintained and will be shipped in their original packaging.

They've been very versatile for both multichannel music as well as movie soundtracks. They can be set up as direct-radiating or diffuse-field surrounds based on your needs or listening environment. Here are the specs:

Recommended Amplifier Power: 15-150 watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Frequency Response (3dB): 80Hz-20kHz
Bass Unit: 4-1/2' (114mm) copolymer
Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD): 11 x 11-1/8 x 5-7/8" (280 x 283 x 148mm)
Finish: Dark cherry vinyl veneer
Tweeter: Dual 1' (25mm) VR® anodized aluminum dome with AMD™
Weight: 8.4 lbs (3.81kg)
Passive Radiator: 4-1/2' (114mm) copolymer

I'd like to see these sell here as opposed to flea-bay, even if it's for a bit less, so they're fairly priced to sell at $280 plus shipping. Will consider reasonable offers, but as noted, they are priced fairly at this point. Will post pics in a bit for those interested.

Any questions, let me know... -TD

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Tom,

I might be interested in these, as I'm looking to do a 7.1 set up in the future. I already have a pair of C9's that I was thinking of using for the rears. But having VRX's as sides and rears might be cool too.

What do you think would be the better way to go?

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Hey Darien, good to hear from you... :cool:

I considered using them as my rears, but where mine are currently setup, the Bravos I have are just a better fit. I'm sure they'd do great in either the direct or diffuse configuration. I'm sure the C9s do a fine job now, but the VRXs likely would be a step up. Having the VRXs already, I'm sure you know what they're capable of. It seems the better the source, the better they sound, too... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Pictures

For those interested in pictures, here's some of the VRXs mounted (Left, Right and for scale w/the 10"x14" print):

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
These are now listed on fleaBay :( w/a 'Buy It Now' option.

For those interested here, I will split shipping... -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis