C

csr

Enthusiast
Again, thanks to this forum and all who help, your great.
I am STILL working on my new system. Extremely frustrated but happy.
Still planning on some pictures, but want to finish first.
Every 3 hours of reading, I gain a bit, and it starts to sound better with each adjustment. Which brings me too my questions.
Agarwalro, awhile back you mentioned in stereo, left copies to all lefts, right copies to all rights, to get all speakers rockin. Here is what I have done.
Got the long cord and mike, did the MCACC test, awesome! Also went on the screen and manually configured all speakers (9.1 FW,FH, default I think), subs to plus, all speakers to large, friggin surround is awesome, but, playing CD, turntable, not impressed. Ok, I can live with it, but I know it'll do better.
Stereo,auto surround, ALC, direct, pure direct, optimum surround all sound like ****, front takes over.
Neo X CN THX seems to be best, but not good enough. I Have to be doing something wrong.DUH! I don't get Pro LogixIIx GM THX option with turntable or CD, or iPad. Too bad cause I watched a concert with this setting Yamaha blue ray and this setting rocked.
With CD, turntable, IPad, blue ray, etc nothing ever comes out of the front wide set, check all settings, set to large, show up in the MCACC test, sound test good, so what 's with that.
I have read and read and read.
Any ideas????
12 Cerwin vega's
5 CV 1800 amps
2 15"cv's
1 21"cv Stroker
Pioneer SC-67 receiver
So after all that
1/ no front wide sound
2/ Stroker settings on HPF and LPF

Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Again, thanks to this forum and all who help, your great.
I am STILL working on my new system. Extremely frustrated but happy.
Still planning on some pictures, but want to finish first.
Every 3 hours of reading, I gain a bit, and it starts to sound better with each adjustment. Which brings me too my questions.
Agarwalro, awhile back you mentioned in stereo, left copies to all lefts, right copies to all rights, to get all speakers rockin. Here is what I have done.
Got the long cord and mike, did the MCACC test, awesome! Also went on the screen and manually configured all speakers (9.1 FW,FH, default I think), subs to plus, all speakers to large, friggin surround is awesome, but, playing CD, turntable, not impressed. Ok, I can live with it, but I know it'll do better.
Stereo,auto surround, ALC, direct, pure direct, optimum surround all sound like ****, front takes over.
Neo X CN THX seems to be best, but not good enough. I Have to be doing something wrong.DUH! I don't get Pro LogixIIx GM THX option with turntable or CD, or iPad. Too bad cause I watched a concert with this setting Yamaha blue ray and this setting rocked.
With CD, turntable, IPad, blue ray, etc nothing ever comes out of the front wide set, check all settings, set to large, show up in the MCACC test, sound test good, so what 's with that.
I have read and read and read.
Any ideas????
12 Cerwin vega's
5 CV 1800 amps
2 15"cv's
1 21"cv Stroker
Pioneer SC-67 receiver
So after all that
1/ no front wide sound
2/ Stroker settings on HPF and LPF

Thanks
A lot of your material is two channel and should be played that way. I can assure you that a turntable played with one of those surround algorithms sounds dreadful and with good reason. So always play LPs in two channel stereo mode. In addition multi-miked two channel pop productions with artificial reverb also sound awful in anything other than two channel mode.

A two channel classical recording with natural ambiance can be enhanced with surround algorithms especially Dolby plx2 music, and that is especially true of 7.1.

I also suspect that your front wide channels will make a mess of most things, and those are not something I would advise until those channels are discreet. Even then in a domestic situation the benefits seem to me to be slim.

C

csr

Enthusiast
Thank you TLS Guy, right absolutely right, it sounds horrible with Turntable, not bad with CD, fantastic with Blue Ray.
And now I think I understand why after reading your post.
So my question is, excuse me if you explained and I am just not getting it, is
1/ Do I reprogram my system for 7.1 ?
2/ on my SC-67, WHAT is a two channel stereo setting?
I have thoroughly read manual, maybe not understanding some of the terminology, and I have manually changed the settings to ever one possible, and can not seem to find the one where all speakers are equally on, lefts are lefts, rights are rights, all outputting same sound.
Is it because of my wiring at the back. Strictly using the preout terminals for Front,front height, front wide, surround, surround back?
That is why I mentioned Agarwalro stating that all left is copied and all is copied, NOW if I could find the proper setting on the receiver.
Thank you for responding, as I don't understand what 3,5 7, or 9 channel is? If I reprogram to 7.1, can I still run all 12 speakers?
Boy these must seem like stupid questions for you experts but gotta start somewhere. Things have sure changed from plugging in a left and a right speaker into an 8 track player , hit the power button and listen.
Oh, and stick a matchbook under left side of 8 track.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis