Front height speakers placement question.

N

Nanaea

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about adding some front height speakers but I have an issue with placement. I've read that you'd want to place them directly above your front speakers unfortunately I'd have to place them about 3~4 feet to the right of the right front speakers and 3~4 feet to the left of the left front speaker, would this placement ruin the way they are suppose to work?

In terms of height I'd be placing them pretty close to the ceiling which would be about 4~5 feet above the front speakers.

Thanks for your help :)

B

BigE-Dadda

Audiophyte
I have mine placed almost as you've described using some old, really old 20 yrs old Bose dual cube Redlines. Toed slightly down with one cube on L and R height point directly at the sweet point on my couch and the other cube slightly angled towards the adjacent walls for reflectively. I must say that myself, friends and family have been blown away by how they have enveloped the listening area and the details that you never knew existed, come out and make for an incredibly new and Exciting listening dimension. That said, just make sure you slightly toe down the speakers toward your sweet spot and you be fine. Also, from what you stated, sounds to me like you may be referring to Front Wide speaker placement due to you only have 3-4 ft. You don't need anymore than that to hear the details you're supposed to. My FH placement is actually about 2 ft wider than my LR fronts. You WILL NOT be disappointed my friend! Hope that helps you!

Onkyo TX-NR818, Onkyo M-5050 amp, Polk 75t fronts, Atlantic Tech Center, Atlantic Tech Bi-Pole SR, Bose dual cube Redlines FH and Polk 550 SW. I don't feel the need for SB w/ this set up and don't have the space. I do have SBs in my media room but honestly I have SR bi-poles there as well and am about to change to FH bc of how good the FH sound in my living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

Nanaea

Audioholic Intern
Thanks :) seems like I be giving this a go then. Now i just need to come up with a nice way of holding the speakers up there.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It probably won't be too big of a problem, but that's stretching it for heights. That's almost as wide as "wide" speakers would get placed. If possible, you could just drop them down 2-3 feet and hook them up as wides as well.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I do know that Dolby IIz specs differ from my Yamaha presence specs.
Your AVR manual should provide helpful guidelines as per your available feature.
As for mounting, check the back of your speakers. It may have a keyhole mount for a screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis