S

sbmongoos

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'm having trouble picking up some of the FM stations I'd like to listen to. &nbsp;Looking for recommendations for FM antennas. &nbsp;Not sure I may need to even replace the simple one that came with my receiver...maybe another idea. &nbsp;Someone mentioned using the cable TV cable and plug it into the FM antenna connection on the back. &nbsp;Good/bad idea?</font>

S

sbmongoos

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Anyone have any ideas or input?</font>

M

mayor_of_simpleton

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm using a Terk powered/amplified unit. Looks like a long, skinny fin. It was ~$25 at Circuit City. It's not ideal: on overcast days, the local NPR station doesn't come in clearly. (In fairness, it has a mountain to get over, but still.)

It's a marginal improvement over the F-terminated wire that came with my receiver (Which is what your coax suggestion sounds like to me.) Also, FWIW, I've got the antenna lead going through my surge protector/noise filter. I don't know if that might affect reception, but I'm not taking chances (with lightning) for the sake of a nominally better signal.

I'm thinking of some kind of aerial, possibly boosted, in the attic might be my next step. I'd be curious to see what people do to get good FM reception.

HTH
Roger</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis