Fluance ES1 Surround and Center Channel Speaker System Review

Discussion in 'Loudspeakers' started by admin, Sep 19, 2013.

1. admin Audioholics Robot Staff Member

admin
    The ES1 series is Fluance's current flagship loudspeaker series. The ES1 series surrounds and center channel loudspeakers have matching 5-inch woven fabric woofers with a solid 1-inch ferro-fluid cooled tweeter. In fact, the surrounds and center channel are nearly identical. The excellent build quality is equivalent to the ES1 tower loudspeaker and rounds out a surround sound system without breaking the bank or resorting to the white van rolling around your neighborhood. Check out our in-depth product review with measurements.
    [​IMG]

Discuss and Read the Fluance ES1 Surround & Center Channel Speaker Review
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Pruis Audiophyte

Pruis
    Thanks for posting this review of the ES1 center and surrounds. I'm considering the 5.0 ES1 setup for HT, so this review is of particular interest.

The posted SPL versus frequency plot appears to be identical to the ES1 towers, and I suspect this is incorrect. The center speaker sensitivity was noted to be 84.6dB between 300 and 3kHz, but the provided graph indicates the sensitivity stays above 85dB over nearly the entirety of the suggested frequency band.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gene Audioholics Master Chief Administrator

gene
    Great catch on the Frequency Response graph. I just fixed it but give it about 20 min for the page to cache out. Thanks!
    gene,